Hacking Why Sky3DS gets 002-0123 even with a private header.

yongji chen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so i am having a similar issue. I bought mario party island tour and i got the private header from it. After checking it with Sky Army Knife, the manufacturer id came out to be 00, along with the other 3 boxes. It didnt say C2, 45 or any other manufacturers, it was just 00. Do I need to buy another cartridge ?

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Wow... I went through all the pages of this thread and I'm still a bit confused. lol

So it seems there are 2 scenarios and I can't figure out from the responses in this thread which one is correct.

Let's pretend:

I dump my own private header for a game call: GAME-1
It has a Manufacturer ID of: C2 FE 00 90
It has a Private Header of: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the only private header that I have.

I have a ROM of game: GAME-2
It has a Manufacturer ID of: C2 FA 10 89
It has a Public Header of: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I understand that GAME-2 will work fine with the private header from GAME-1.
So just replace yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Because it has the SAME Manufacturer ID: C2. That's established and clear.

Now... I have another ROM...

ROM of game: GAME-3
It has Manufacturer ID of: AE F9 18 97
It has Public Header of: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I understand that just replacing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will NOT WORK.
Because the Manufacturer ID are different.

Scenario 1:
Can I replace zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... and also change "AE F9 18 97" to "C2 F9 18 97"?
In this case, we are following the Manufacturer ID of GAME-1 -- to change the Manufacturer ID on the ROM to match the Private Header.

Scenario 2:
I have to go buy a NEW game (GAME-4) that has the Manufacturer ID of AE?
Then dump the GAME-4's private header to use with GAME-3?
In this case, we are following the Manufacturer ID of GAME-4 -- to use a NEW Private Header that matches with the Manufacturer ID.

So... which scenario is it?

If you're still having an issue with your Sky3DS, I've written guide to cover the blue and orange buttons:

Orange button: https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/1043/how-to-fix-error-002-0123-on-sky3ds-orange-button

Blue button: https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/988/how-to-fix-sky3ds-error-code-002-0123

I've fixed all of my games using this method. I hope this helps!

Lethalbuns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still having an issue with your Sky3DS, I've written guide to cover the blue and orange buttons:

Orange button: https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/1043/how-to-fix-error-002-0123-on-sky3ds-orange-button

Blue button: https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/988/how-to-fix-sky3ds-error-code-002-0123

Ok, thanks! I just read your guide for the Orange button because I have the Sky3DS+.

I see that you are suggesting scenario 1 from my post: Replace the ROM's Manufacturer ID and also the Private Header from your private game dump.
But... instead of replacing just the Manufacturer ID byte (AE -> C2), you are replacing the entire line.(cart size, and all)

In any case, I just received my Sky3DS+ yesterday and luckily all of them are C2, so I don't have manufacturer ID mismatch, yet.
I guess I'll find out when I do run into a mismatch.

yongji chen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi i did what you did and i still got a 002-0123 error. I followed all of your steps. And also i pasted the chip ID to the cart id, and that makes the games not appear in the sky3ds+ chip.

Last edited by yongji chen,

yongji chen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game are you trying to fix? You also need to delete your old .SAV file for it to work
I tried Super Smash Bros. I opened it up with Gateway rom patcher like it said. And when I imported the header file, i used Mario party island tour and clicked "Yes" to like 4 windows popping up. I copied the Chip ID and replaced the cart ID and i copied the Cart ID as the gamesave key. :( and yea i also deleted the save file of course.

clawren

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try :
1. Backup your game save with save_manager.3dsx on the homebrew launcher Get it here
2. Edit your .cfg game file properly on your sky+. For Smash try the "AE" manufacturer (CART_ID=AEF8??90)
3. Delete your .SAV file of the game.
4. Start your game once then exit to home menu and return to the homebrew launcher.
5. Inject your save with save_manager.3dsx
6. Start your game.

Last edited by clawren,

Stormwatcher21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try :
1. Backup your game save with save_manager.3dsx on the homebrew launcher Get it here
2. Edit your .cfg game file properly on your sky+. For Smash try the "AE" manufacturer (CART_ID=AEF8??90)
3. Delete your .SAV file of the game.
4. Start your game once then exit to home menu and return to the homebrew launcher.
5. Inject your save with save_manager.3dsx
6. Start your game.

Hi guys,
I've been trying to use the online parts of FE Fates and Pokemon Y on my Sky3DS+ (orange double button) with my 3DSXL (running the latest official firmware, unfortunately). I got me a private header from a friend and did the whole "open the .3DS file on gateway ROM patcher and insert the private header info", because just editing the CFG file was not working at all. Now both games will run ok, I'm not banned so far and I managed to download the free DLC for Fire Emblem. But, whenever I try to "update data" on FE or "connect to the internet" in PKM I get "You cannot use online services with this game card."

I did try erasing the cfg/sav files and changing the ID to each of the three manufacturers, but got the same result each time.

I don't have access to a hacked/NAND/whatever 3DS, so all I can mess with are the files in the SD card.

What do you awesome guys think I could do to fix this? thanks!

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Sky3ds blue, I highly recommend getting a C2 private header, mainly because all of the templates the sky team releases are based off of them. I also used a C2 header on my Sky3ds+ and have never had a single issue going online with any game.

Stormwatcher21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the Sky3ds blue, I highly recommend getting a C2 private header, mainly because all of the templates the sky team releases are based off of them. I also used a C2 header on my Sky3ds+ and have never had a single issue going online with any game.
Yeah, I tried C2, and the other 2 and it didn't work. Erased the SAV and CFG files before retrying too. It's not a huge deal as long as I can use the bank, but it's kinda annoying.

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried C2, and the other 2 and it didn't work. Erased the SAV and CFG files before retrying too. It's not a huge deal as long as I can use the bank, but it's kinda annoying.
I think the Pokémon game headers are the exception to the ones that work. I made sure to use a C2 header from a game that has been tried many times, aka Steel Diver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye