Why Sky3DS gets 002-0123 even with a private header.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RennyFlame, Apr 1, 2015.

1. RennyFlame
    OP

RennyFlame Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia
    I don't know how many people this applies to, because I've read many times that people just dump one game and it works across all of theirs just fine, sadly, this isn't the case for me and I've seen about 3 people make a thread asking why they're getting this error, and they've gotten no answers basically.

So turns out, if I'm correct, it's because of the manufacturer.

All of my ROMs aside from Smash, didn't work online with my header information from my own dump of Animal Crossing.

And I noticed something, Smash was the only game I had where the manufacturer byte was AE(OKI-Semiconductor), and that's the same manufacturer of Animal Crossing. Everything else gave me error 002-0123.

Mario Kart 7 and Final Fantasy: Curtain Call were the main games I wanted to play online, and those are both C2(Macronix) games.

I have a friend with a 3DS and about 10 games that he doesn't care for, I managed to get him to dump Pokemon Y and a few other games(Which actually leaves me with a header for each manufacturer) and Pokemon Y just so happens to be C2. I applied that header to MK7 and TFF:CC and whaddya know, they work online now. So if all of this is correct, you want at minimum 3 3DS dumps to ensure compatibility of all roms.

Read your dump's header information using Sky Army Knife and see if it is either an AE(OKI Semiconductor), C2(Macronix), or 45(SanDisk) based game, and then check the base template for your game and look at its chip ID so you can tell which header and EEPROM to apply to get that to work.

Remember:
    C2 = Macronix
    AE = OKI Semiconductor
    45 = SanDisk.

[​IMG]

Quick tip to get started:
    [​IMG]
    My Animal Crossing: New Leaf US dump:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If push comes to shove and opening your original dump in SAK doesn't show any Cart ID information, you may have to Export Header to .bin in Gateway ROM Patcher, but it SHOULD work in SAK. I haven't had any problems with it.
    [​IMG]
    There may be many of you who know this already, but this is mainly for those people who didn't get an answer when they asked last week, because I was one of those people.

If this helps anyone who is looking for which game they could dump, from the 4 games I've dumped, I can tell you that the cart ID for these games are:

Pokemon Y: C2 F8 00 98
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: AE F8 00 98
    Devil Survivor Overclocked: 45 F8 00 90
    Fire Emblem: Awakening: 45 F8 00 90

2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    The manufacturer situation is explained in the gateway rom patcher readme, I think it says 90% or so are Macronix. Your post should be helpful to other sky users though, this question seems to come up often.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  3. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

I suppose I should have probably tested this before, but I have no reason to....But, what would happen if I just used a C2 header and then changed the manufacturer byte to 45 for a 45 game?

4. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

It should be fine to change the manufacturer as long as the cart ID is not changed. That is, you can use any header and change the values to match the game to which it is applied.

This is directly from the GRP readme:

5. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

3% OKI. Man. The only game I could dump at the time WOULD be the least popular.

6. Furious
    This message by Furious has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and replies to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  7. RennyFlame
    This message by RennyFlame has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and replies to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  8. Furious
    This message by Furious has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and replies to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  9. RennyFlame
    This message by RennyFlame has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and replies to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  10. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  11. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  12. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  13. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  14. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  15. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You don't have to export headers with ROM Patcher, SAK can read header infos directly from 3DZ dumps. ;)

17. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  18. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  19. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  20. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  21. Furious
    This message by Furious has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and responses to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  22. RennyFlame
    This message by RennyFlame has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 1, 2015, Reason: Bullshit and responses to bullshit.
    Apr 1, 2015
  23. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  24. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

Did you really just say that you change your header while you are in game? Really dude?

25. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  26. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  27. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  28. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  29. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  30. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

Upon further inspection of the website, I see that link.php is
    <body>
    Header Testing Tool by Smea2 - Thanks for use -
    <br><br>
    -------------------------------------
    <br><br>
    Receiving header... Success
    <br>
    Testing header... Success
    <br>
    <br>
    Result : 002-0123 </body>

It's just fucking body text, there aren't even any connections made throughout this website, it just saves text.
    You can clearly see here http://puu.sh/gXNMB/a1f3d27793.png that the only network connections that this stupid website sends/receives data from, is link.php, which is your scam.

The9thBit and Vulpes Abnocto like this.
  31. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  32. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  33. Furious
    Apr 1, 2015
  34. RennyFlame
    Apr 1, 2015
  35. lucasferrr

lucasferrr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil
    get the hearder.bin then search the program ''No Ban no Sky'' it patches all the titles in the template,worked for in the first use with all roms i tested

36. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

That's what I used lol, problem is, my animal crossing dump has a manufacturer of AE, which is only ~3% of all 3DS games, whereas your probably begins with C2 and works with the majority of 3DS games.

37. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

Fixed :yaynds:

38. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So when I load my header to knife I get manufacturer is 43.. what?? its non of the mentioned above, can I just change this to match the rom manufacturer??

39. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Why Am I getting this template is invalid???

40. Jakic007

Jakic007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    Croatia
    Me too!

41. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States

lol and I loaded a 3dz rom ahd manufacturer, card type, mystery byte all of them have FF so I got no way of knowing my manucturer of rom. Did you manage to see it?

42. Jakic007

Jakic007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    Croatia
    No, I will try again in few days because, I am not at home now.

43. RennyFlame
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Georgia

To get rid of the error, simply open the template file and delete the two blank first lines at the top of the template.

44. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    which lines???

Attached Files:

45. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure... this is not new information.
    if the header does not work just change the manufacturer using gw rom patcher. it will automatically fix the other stuff for you but it can't guess the correct manufacturer.

46. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    nvm, got it lol didnt quite understood what u meant