Hacking Why Sky3DS gets 002-0123 even with a private header.

iamapie13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God, you saved my day :D, Ichanged the manufacture of my header and now I can use my Animal crossing new leaf online

Kurupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tut. Been trying for a few days to get this work. Even following the instructions didn't work.

Finally managed to get this to work on all games.

Extract a PH using power saves
Created a PH Bin file using PH extracted.
Opened rom patcher, added in A .3ds file and PH bin. Click export to create a new PH bin file. (Must use the same rom as you used to extract the PH)
Using no ban no sky with the latest template and the new PH bin created in rom patcher.
Search for your game you used to extract the PH within the new template, check what the manufacture code is ie 45, c2 or ae.
Use that same manufacture code in all the games you want to play online.

Worked for me after a few days of trial and error

Good luck!

Last edited by Kurupted,

Zorazer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news if this works on sky3ds+? I tried it many times and cant seem to get any game to work online with sky3ds+ ?

I tried and I dont see anyway diskwriter will work with it, I already tried the code, my game is a C2 and I made sure the game I ripped is also a C2.. it should work, but even with a rip of pokemon X I cant seem to get any C2 game running with the code even with my header, I get the same error over and over.

Last edited by Zorazer0,

hutje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have a Pokemon Y game and I have the Private Header but it won't work.
I also have Pokemon X and this works fine on my brothers Sky3DS+ but I get the error 002-0123 with the Pokemon Y Private Header...
Now few days later I have bought The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds, and that Private Header can go online....
What's wrong with my Pokemon Y Private Header?

Last edited by hutje,

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys i just bought a sky3ds+ and everything is working fine except for... you guessed it the private headers :(
Alright, After many long hours of looking at forums and videos have done most of the suggested methods.
I even just bought the Pro Power Saver (well i guess thats the only method on the sky3ds+ lol ) and got some of my games and little sisters games
and got there private headers. Now the only game I really want to go online is with Fire Emblem If , but all the private headers i have tried have not been
working i still get the 002-0123 error code. Meow after reading this thread I guess there are 3 different manufactures your 3ds game can come from
C2,45, and AE. Okay got it. Now is there a list of all the games Manufactures somewhere? Or will i just have to try random games until it works. Last question
does anyone know what Fire Emblem IF manufacture is? maybe the same one from awakening? Thanks for who ever reads is :) p.s. were best friends now...

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys i just bought a sky3ds+ and everything is working fine except for... you guessed it the private headers :(
Alright, After many long hours of looking at forums and videos have done most of the suggested methods.
I even just bought the Pro Power Saver (well i guess thats the only method on the sky3ds+ lol ) and got some of my games and little sisters games
and got there private headers. Now the only game I really want to go online is with Fire Emblem If , but all the private headers i have tried have not been
working i still get the 002-0123 error code. Meow after reading this thread I guess there are 3 different manufactures your 3ds game can come from
C2,45, and AE. Okay got it. Now is there a list of all the games Manufactures somewhere? Or will i just have to try random games until it works. Last question
does anyone know what Fire Emblem IF manufacture is? maybe the same one from awakening? Thanks for who ever reads is :) p.s. were best friends now...

You know there's a better alternative now right? If you're on 10.6 firmware or lower, you can downgrade and use cfw e.g. rxtools, gateway, reinanad

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know there's a better alternative now right? If you're on 10.6 firmware or lower, you can downgrade and use cfw e.g. rxtools, gateway, reinanad
Thanks so much for replying! Okay cool, but i just bought the sky3ds+ :'(, so i would have buy a gateway now too then :/

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for replying! Okay cool, but i just bought the sky3ds+ :'(, so i would have buy a gateway now too then :/

You don't need gateway, you can downgrade and use rxtools with your sky3ds. Rxtools for cia and your sky3ds for .3ds files

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need gateway, you can downgrade and use rxtools with your sky3ds. Rxtools for cia and your sky3ds for .3ds files
NO WAY ! thats amazing, okay ima try that then than you so much, so with downgrading i will be able to play online with fire emblem if?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NO WAY ! thats amazing, okay ima try that then than you so much, so with downgrading i will be able to play online with fire emblem if?

yes, just download the fire emblem game in .cia format and put it on sd card and install after you get cfw and emunand. Since you have a sky3ds right now, it will make your life a lot easier. You can get cubic ninja and put on sky3ds and get access to homebrew channel. After that, you can to downgrade to 9.2 firmware using sysupdater from homebrew channel. This should be first step. After that get rxtools running.

Last edited by cooroxd,
Reactions: ylkev

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, just download the fire emblem game in .cia format and put it on sd card and install after you get cfw and emunand. Since you have a sky3ds right now, it will make your life a lot easier. You can get cubic ninja and put on sky3ds and get access to homebrew channel. After that, you can to downgrade to 9.2 firmware using sysupdater from homebrew channel. This should be first step. After that get rxtools running.
hey man, your a life saver, thank you ill come back with an update once i get everything going ! :)

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: royr719

Lethalbuns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I went through all the pages of this thread and I'm still a bit confused. lol

So it seems there are 2 scenarios and I can't figure out from the responses in this thread which one is correct.

Let's pretend:

I dump my own private header for a game call: GAME-1
It has a Manufacturer ID of: C2 FE 00 90
It has a Private Header of: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the only private header that I have.

I have a ROM of game: GAME-2
It has a Manufacturer ID of: C2 FA 10 89
It has a Public Header of: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I understand that GAME-2 will work fine with the private header from GAME-1.
So just replace yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Because it has the SAME Manufacturer ID: C2. That's established and clear.

Now... I have another ROM...

ROM of game: GAME-3
It has Manufacturer ID of: AE F9 18 97
It has Public Header of: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I understand that just replacing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will NOT WORK.
Because the Manufacturer ID are different.

Scenario 1:
Can I replace zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... and also change "AE F9 18 97" to "C2 F9 18 97"?
In this case, we are following the Manufacturer ID of GAME-1 -- to change the Manufacturer ID on the ROM to match the Private Header.

Scenario 2:
I have to go buy a NEW game (GAME-4) that has the Manufacturer ID of AE?
Then dump the GAME-4's private header to use with GAME-3?
In this case, we are following the Manufacturer ID of GAME-4 -- to use a NEW Private Header that matches with the Manufacturer ID.

So... which scenario is it?

Last edited by Lethalbuns,

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man thanks for the advice, okay heres what I did:
I followed this man guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
I literally did everything steps one through 5 and it took a while but success
Now i boot directly to the emunand, i think because i no longer see a folder named sysNand meaning that i was in the sysNand.
But along the process I now have FBI and i also have a homebrew icon on my 3ds, which means i no longer have to use ninjahax, i think lol
I also have cakesFW in homebrew
Okay but in that process he told me to update to the latest firmware, which i did but now i realized that rxtools only works in 4.xx to 9.2
So now the real question: How should i go about downgrading my firmware? Or do i even need to because i dont think im on my sysNand anymore

And I have also read a couple other guides showing me how to install rxtools but some of the things they want me to do, I have already done in the guide i followed (link in the top). So i feel if i skips some parts i might just mess things up, Im really new to this and have pretty much no idea what i actually did,
but yeah.

Anyone's help would be much appreciated thanks guys

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man thanks for the advice, okay heres what I did:
I followed this man guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
I literally did everything steps one through 5 and it took a while but success
Now i boot directly to the emunand, i think because i no longer see a folder named sysNand meaning that i was in the sysNand.
But along the process I now have FBI and i also have a homebrew icon on my 3ds, which means i no longer have to use ninjahax, i think lol
I also have cakesFW in homebrew
Okay but in that process he told me to update to the latest firmware, which i did but now i realized that rxtools only works in 4.xx to 9.2
So now the real question: How should i go about downgrading my firmware? Or do i even need to because i dont think im on my sysNand anymore

And I have also read a couple other guides showing me how to install rxtools but some of the things they want me to do, I have already done in the guide i followed (link in the top). So i feel if i skips some parts i might just mess things up, Im really new to this and have pretty much no idea what i actually did,
but yeah.

Anyone's help would be much appreciated thanks guys

No, you update your emunand to the latest firmware. Sysnand you downgrade to 9.2 and you leave it alone.

ylkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you update your emunand to the latest firmware. Sysnand you downgrade to 9.2 and you leave it alone.
You are a rockstar man! Alright that is what i thought, so does that mean I can install rxtools on my 1.06 emuNand I am currently on? because my sysNand is on 9.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans