• Likes 1

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
inuit hunt and eat seal and whale to survive, they don't breed them, they don't do cruelty for money, they need them to live in harmony.
I don't think inuit are eating vegetables, are there vegan inuits? human are fruitivore, yeah sure.

Last edited by Cyan,

mss1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How about the freerange animals that live without being tortured? Sure they will be killed at some point, but isn't that better than living in the wild and letting a wild animal eating you alive?

Google is your friend. But as I said, if you want to see the truth get yourself prepared to see what you would not like to see.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL, don't eat meat for environmental reasons - I'll bet you use plastic products which are pouting the sea/land at an alarming rate. Also the production of veg uses a vast amount of pesticides and doesn't help insects at all. I bet you also drive a car and burn fossil fuels. Buy stuff from China/elsewhere that need a vast amount of energy to be consumed to arrive at your house so you can use it for a couple of years and then throw it in the garbage (so it can be put into landfill).

If you think not eating meat will help the environment, you really are very misguided, they only way the environment will be helped is when humans are eventually extinct, or we return to the stone age.
I take the bus or walk I do not own a car I recycle my plastic products whenever I can and when I go to the shops I try to bring my own reusable bags, I try to eat organic produce and unlike you I am actually trying to do something instead of mocking and belittling others ps the meat industry is set to be a bigger poluter than oil by 2020 not to forget their rampant use of antibiotics and hormomes

Last edited by tunip3,

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Google is your friend. But as I said, if you want to see the truth get yourself prepared to see what you would not like to see.
First of all, if you don't like discussions, you can get out of a forum made entirely to make discussions and you can go back to whatever closed Facebook circlejerk group you're subscribed into.

Second, as I mentioned before, I'm a vegan.

Third, it's for people like you that there legit are people in this very thread thinking that we have some kind of mental disorder.

Reactions: mss1988

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My cousin had a rather significant operation a year or two ago, and it's left her unable to eat red meats.. She also hates most seafood dishes.
She's now limited to poultry or simple fish meals, and it's hard to watch her stuck on a moderately bland diet.
No matter how many chicken dishes there might be, it's not enough to fill a whole week of meals, and she has to just put up with it.

All these nice Vegan alternatives are popping up on YouTube. Recently Mike Jeavons did a Week-On Vegan, and MyVirginKitchen's started doing vegan things, too.
There does seem to be a bit of a trend, and personally I've not exactly been disliking the variation that I'm seeing.
The vegan burgers look really tempting, and MVK's recent lasagne looks bloomin' amazing!

I keep mentioning these to my cousin, but she's adamant that she's "Not going to become a bloomin' vegetarian, too!!!"
She's stuck on the fact that it'll make her "look like a Veggie" rather than considering that, for her, it's going to open up the wider variety of choice that she currently doesn't have in her meals.

I keep trying.. But it's not happening..
Bah, humbug.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I keep mentioning these to my cousin, but she's adamant that she's "Not going to become a bloomin' vegetarian, too!!!"
She's stuck on the fact that it'll make her "look like a Veggie" rather than considering that, for her, it's going to open up the wider variety of choice that she currently doesn't have in her meals.
This is because, in our society, it's perfectly fine to accuse anybody that doesn't think the same as everyone else to be crazy.

You drive a bike? You're an asshole. I hope someone hits you with their car.

You are a vegan? You're stupid. If you eat in my restaurant I will put meat in your dishes on purpose.

You don't like the same things as me? I will make fun of you because you are not normal.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, don't eat meat for environmental reasons - I'll bet you use plastic products which are pouting the sea/land at an alarming rate. Also the production of veg uses a vast amount of pesticides and doesn't help insects at all. I bet you also drive a car and burn fossil fuels. Buy stuff from China/elsewhere that need a vast amount of energy to be consumed to arrive at your house so you can use it for a couple of years and then throw it in the garbage (so it can be put into landfill).

If you think not eating meat will help the environment, you really are very misguided, they only way the environment will be helped is when humans are eventually extinct, or we return to the stone age.

you shouldnt eat vegetables for environmental reason either then. Lots of vegetables get thrown out just because of cosmetic reasons and the pesticides that get spray on them gwt eaten by insects to deer, rabbits to wolfs and apex predators, its really screwing up the wildlife environment but nobody wants you to think about that aspect of it

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I take the bus or walk I do not own a car I recycle my plastic products whenever I can and when I go to the shops I try to bring my own reusable bags, I try to eat organic produce and unlike you I am actually trying to do something instead of mocking and belittling others ps the meat industry is set to be a bigger poluter than oil by 2020 not to forget their rampant use of antibiotics and hormomes

Yep, the bus uses Diesel and Oil - fossil fuels, most plastic is not recycled - and can only be recycled max 7-8 times. Around 8 million metric tons end up in the ocean each year, and far more ends up in landfill - a fair bit of that has come from you, whether from packaging from your foods/toys/electronic equipment you own. I'm not trying to belittle you, but the reality is that you eating vegetables and not eating meat - is having ZERO impact on the amount of animals being farmed for food & no impact on the environment whatsoever.

Humans are designed to eat/digest meats, being a vegan does not deter from that fact. A healthy balanced diet of meat/fish/veg/fruits and regular exercise is far better for you than just trying to get all your nutrients, vitamins and minerals out of vegetables. Plus meat tastes really nice - why deprive yourself of something so tasty? If we weren't meant to eat animals - they wouldn't be made out of food :-)

Last edited by mrdude,

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep, the bus uses Diesel and Oil - fossil fuels, most plastic is not recycled - and can only be recycled max 7-8 times. Around 8 million metric tons end up in the ocean each year, and far more ends up in landfill - a fair bit of that has come from you, whether from packaging from your foods/toys/electronic equipment you own. I'm not trying to belittle you, but the reality is that you eating vegetables and not eating meat - is having ZERO impact on the amount of animals being farmed for food & no impact on the environment whatsoever.
The reality is that yes, you're trying to belittle people. Just because someone doesn't like eating the same stuff you eat doesn't mean that you can just claim that environmental progress means nothing. One million busses carrying one billion people every day means at least half a billion car less roaming the world.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Additionally, implying that man is made to eat meat is not right.
The human is quite omnivorous, and depends on a balanced diet. Too much meat does damage, and actual levels of meat consumption not only are unnatural but also lead to colon cancer.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Additionally, implying that man is made to eat meat is not right.
The human is quite omnivorous, and depends on a balanced diet. Too much meat does damage, and actual levels of meat consumption not only are unnatural but also lead to colon cancer.
I know that people don't like hearing about religions, but.. according to Mormon religion there's the Word of Wisdom which states that we should only eat meat sparingly and only during times of famine/winter basically. Really makes me think. Is meat only meant for when we can't get veggies/crops?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a vegetarian for 12 years but that's because i had an irrational fear of tape worms as a kid.
(a lot, not all) Vegans are a bunch of wackos. Vegetables are great and all but people need protein in their diets to stay healthy. Soy is not the answer to vegans, especially if you are a guy. If someone does it for health reasons, then sure, why not, but if people do it to virtue signal, i can't take them seriously. I agree with @Chary that its crazy how many animals we kill, but humans need meat to thrive and stay healthy.

Reactions: Chary

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know that people don't like hearing about religions, but.. according to Mormon religion there's the Word of Wisdom which states that we should only eat meat sparingly and only during times of famine/winter basically. Really makes me think. Is meat only meant for when we can't get veggies/crops?

one quote I've never forgot

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Mahatma Gandhi

My wife is Filipino, I've seen animal abuse in the Philippines, sure abuse happens everywhere, even here in the UK, but you can be prosecuted for it here, I know some eat dog and the shocking videos of Chinese cooking dogs :sad:. mans best friend

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The reality is that yes, you're trying to belittle people. Just because someone doesn't like eating the same stuff you eat doesn't mean that you can just claim that environmental progress means nothing. One million busses carrying one billion people every day means at least half a billion car less roaming the world.

Dude, if you don't like someone else's opinion - don't post stuff on a public forum. Nobody is telling you what to eat or how to live your life - if you want to live on vegetables that's cool as it leaves more meat for the rest of us meat lovers to eat - also it lowers the price (supply and demand). I'll eat what I want and personally done care one iota on what other people eat, but you're fooling yourself if you think anybody cares if you take the bus and live on cabbage, - also all your vegetables come in packaging and need transported.

If you want to change the world, buy some land, grown your own foods without using pesticides and don't use electricity or fuel, you can easily do this by moving to some menanite/amish community if you don't have the money to buy land. Then your presence won't leave much of a footprint on the world. Also the rest of us can be left in peace to eat some spare ribs with BBQ sauce, and we can enjoy it more - knowing you're doing your bit while we stuff ourselves - it's a win/win for everyone. :-)

Last edited by mrdude,

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dude, if you don't like someone else's opinion - don't post stuff on a public forum. Nobody is telling you what to eat or how to live your life
That's what you're trying to do by telling people that their ways to not affect the environment as bad as you don't matter. How dare you telling people that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY