• Replies 231
  • Likes 1

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
don't worry to every fad diet like veganism there is a opposing one: Carnivore/zerocarb which is a subset of keto

after looking into both diets it seems less crazy than veganism which is bizarre for me to say
Perhaps, no idea.
TBH I am no vegan or vegetarian at all, it is just that I really love my cheese, olives and peppers.
Specially cheese, and tomato too. Please don't take that away from me.
I could sure go on without meat (but why would I?), but cheese and milk? No please, don't take that away!

Worst nightmare: developing lactose intolerance

I just found out this map, and I was born and grew up in Argentina... kill me!
Worldwide_prevalence_of_lactose_intolerance_in_recent_populations.jpg

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps, no idea.
TBH I am no vegan or vegetarian at all, it is just that I really love my cheese, olives and peppers.
Specially cheese, and tomato too. Please don't take that away from me.
I could sure go on without meat (but why would I?), but cheese and milk? No please, don't take that away!

Worst nightmare: developing lactose intolerance

I just found out this map, and I was born and grew up in Argentina... kill me!
Worldwide_prevalence_of_lactose_intolerance_in_recent_populations.jpg
my sistra has lactose intolerance
I don't but I have peanut butter intolerance
makes me pukes everytime I eat some

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's not how the allergy works. You become allergic to any non-primate meat. So beef, pork, chicken, and fish are out. You can eat monkey. And I'm not aware of anyone testing human.
I was actually bitten by a lone star tick. I am more than aware of what the effects does to a person. That comment was meant to be a joke as no one would really suggest being bitten by a tick.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've become a carnivore to keep things in balance. I do include some mushrooms with my steaks. But mushrooms are not plants, they're fungi.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the consumption of meat by white americans that is unhealthy, its all the salt, processed carbs and sugars.
there's actually nothing wrong with salt as long as you're not consuming processed foods high in sodium. The real culprit as you stated are processed carbs and sugars which affects your body the same way. We also need to note that processed meat is also very bad. (hot dogs, cold cuts etc)
check out this video on the carnivore diet.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of perfectly good reasons for veganism. And we probably should look to consume less meat as a race in all honesty.

I honestly don't get the hostility towards veganism and vegans from people in this thread.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of perfectly good reasons for veganism. And we probably should look to consume less meat as a race in all honesty.

I honestly don't get the hostility towards veganism and vegans from people in this thread.
The moral superiority attitude that a lot of vegans have is the reason for the hostility. On top of that the vegan cult is not just about not eating meat so stop using that straw man argument. Vegans will have you not eat eggs,butter,milk,cheese,chicken,beef,seafood or anything remotely related to animals. If you want to be a vegan that's your choice but stop trying to shame people for eating the same way they've been eating for thousands of years.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The moral superiority attitude that a lot of vegans have is the reason for the hostility. On top of that the vegan cult is not just about not eating meat so stop using that straw man argument. Vegans will have you not eat eggs,butter,milk,cheese,chicken,beef,seafood or anything remotely related to animals. If you want to be a vegan that's your choice but stop trying to shame people for eating the same way they've been eating for thousands of years.

The problem isn't with vegans, the problem is with that individual. I've known vegans, some are dicks, some are not, some are actual friends. It's really straightforward to distinguish people from the diet.

Veganism is about not consuming or using animal products. It's not a mean of living I would want to adhere to but hey I typically have respect for people to adhere to it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Personally I suggest if people really want to be a vegan, get yourself bitten by a lone star tick and never eat meat from a mammal again.
Can you have milk and eggs?
4 Years Vegan here. Wish I was raised this way. 40 years old and everyone tells me I look 20. Vegan is just a way back to our roots. Humans are fruitivores by nature so why not eat what gives your body the best performance. I never push this on anyone after so many asking but not listening.
I find it very hard to believe that spending four years on any sort of special diet will reverse 20 years of aging. I think you got lucky in the genetic lottery.
also, cutting a flower, it'll die. is that fine killing flora but not fauna?
The difference is animals have a conscience, plants do not.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Can you have milk and eggs?

I find it very hard to believe that spending four years on any sort of special diet will reverse 20 years of aging. I think you got lucky in the genetic lottery.

The difference is animals have a conscience, plants do not.

I would have to agree. I can't deny how good I feel not eating meat in 4 years though. The 1st year it was so noticable my energy levels were off the chart. Also, I have never referred to it as a diet.

80/20 ratio is still very healthy 80% alkalinity and 20% acidic - If you can achieve 100% alkaline then you my friend are immune to diseases. My 1st year Vegan I was extremely close to that. Important to note that just because food is Vegan doesn't make it healthy for you. Its all about Organics of course but is it Acidic or Alkaline is the life or death question / answer!

The human body is so resilient and thats why it takes most years to develop diseases.
Its all about the lymphatic system as it controls your bacteria system, lymph nodes and much more. It has no pump like your heart and blood so exercising is crucial.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it’s just veganism support groups becoming louder all of the sudden? I don’t know, but I do know that one of the loudest is PETA and they’re bot exactly making me any more likely to go vegan (not like I would anyway, are you trying to male me give up bacon?!) because of their constant over-the-top “advertising”. But hey, they did make that vegan turducken commercial.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's a combination of being eco-friendly and this incredible fever of being fitness combined? It probably helped a lot to make veganism and vegetarianism grow more in popularity.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say that people are more aware of what dietary options there are. My mother decided to become vegetarian when she was 28 and never looked back, and she's in her 70's now. I was raised with a vegetarian diet with the option of eating meat, but it never really made any kind of sense to me to eat meat, so I decided to stay a vegetarian. To each their own, the only thing you can try and do is look at both the factual pros and cons of both sides and decide what you think is right.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 Years Vegan here. Wish I was raised this way. 40 years old and everyone tells me I look 20. Vegan is just a way back to our roots. Humans are fruitivores by nature so why not eat what gives your body the best performance. I never push this on anyone after so many asking but not listening.

I eat meats.. mostly fish but some meats too all my life. I loved burgers and fried hot dogs but not anymore. I realised that those are not good for you so I stopped. Really ? Everyone ? "everyone" is a lot. Or some people tells you you look 20 ? Anyway, I am over 40 years old and Some tells me I look like 27-30 years old. Some tell me that I am 32 years old. Of course meats are not good for you. Once in a while is fine but eat alot of grilled fish, fruit, and vegetable so you dont have to be Vegan anyway. Nothing to do with Vegan. Thats so myth. My secret ? I eat alot of strawberries since its my absolutely favourite fruit and it slow down the age. Thats the key for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi