Why is Paper Mario Sticker Star Star too hard?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by heartgold, Jan 23, 2013.

1. heartgold
    OP

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    I'm not going spoil any spoilers, for those who have played, you will realise this game is difficult and frustrating at times. There's no way to complete this game without constantly looking at a guide. There's no clues, tips or guidance in-game what so ever. I've enjoyed the game, but I hated looking back into the guides what to do next and what sticker inserts into that place. Also some of bosses were unbeatable cos sometimes you don't have that item and don't know what to use nor where it is.

If I found it frustrating, I wondered how little kids will manage that the game is aimed for. o_o

Edit: I added star twice to the tittle. XD

chartube12 likes this.

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I enjoyed the difficulty! It made me put more time into the game ^.^ Hell, I spent an hour just trying to find all the paper toads in the toad village!

Nxenz and EZ-Megaman like this.
  3. sam6555

sam6555 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    Today's gamer in a nutshell.

pbanj, Edgarska and BORTZ like this.
  4. tofast4u

tofast4u GBAtemp Fan

Dec 2, 2012
    United States
    Dam I hate games that take forever to figure out. They just ruin the fun, makes me think twice before buying this game now.

chartube12 likes this.
  5. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    it not that hard of a game

you just need to look around and THINK, you might need to back track to find something, sometimes

the game is not that hard

pbanj and BORTZ like this.
  6. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    I didn't found any difficulties, just explore more and try everything everywhere.

pbanj likes this.
  7. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Games are so much more fun when you can't figure em out.
    I always feel like I'm cheating when I use a guide… I feel a sense of remorse when i get stumped in Zelda games :P

Nxenz, EZ-Megaman and gamefan5 like this.
  8. heartgold
    OP

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    I'm not the sort of gamer who likes backtracking a whole level again. It ruins the fun. I'm just saying there should be a little help telling you what item you need or what's important for the next level or boss. The game makes you figure everything out yourself and it requires a lot of patient. I remember some of the reviewers pointing out the same issue and having an effect on the resulting score.

chartube12 and gamefan5 like this.
  9. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Problem is, Zelda games, you actually expect this to happen. Furthermore, if you're a major zelda fan like me, you'll know how to get yourself out in a pinch. It also gives out hints, some are very subtle, but they are hints nonetheless.
    Paper Mario Sticker Star is... a bit of a miss in the puzzle department. As in, you get no clues of where to go. What to do at times, and it completely stops the game's progression. Not something found in earlier Paper Mario games.

chartube12, heartgold and chavosaur like this.
  10. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    I haven't gotten that deep in Sticker Star yet, but when this happens, after about 2 hours of trying, I just give up and look up a walkthrough for that section. Doesn't ruin the fun, I just find out how to walk past that single barrier, so I can get more of the fun :)

11. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    It was difficult and some points, I finished it in one week, though.

12. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    zelda fans likes backtracking, OoT water temple says hi.

i mean, thats what makes the game fun, you have to explore and discover everything.

13. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    First of all, the OOT water temple's difficulty is highly exaggerated.
    Second: You have no idea what I've just said considering your post is completely out of topic.

invaderyoyo, The Milkman and Ammako like this.
  14. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I agree with the post on where you get no clues on which way to go. But paperization! Remember that, and some times about the clues........ LOL.
    Guides help a lot though.

15. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I found that hints were vague, or not even there. Many times, the game really doesn't tell you what to do.

chartube12, heartgold and gamefan5 like this.
  16. WhiteX

WhiteX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2004
    Brazil
    It is not difficult, it is stupid, the game asks for a particular sticker to be placed sonewhere so the "puzzle" is solved, now...
    What puzzle? you just sticked a sticker there
    There´s not even some sort of sticker type, like, there´s a place in which you need a "sucking" sticker, in my logic a "blowing" sticker would do the same, it could be that all "wind" type stickers would do the trick, but, screw my logic, is that particular thingie or nothing.

17. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Are you serious?

THIS is what gamers today are like? Do you play games just to get to the next one?
    Come on people. I that is part of the game. Figuring stuff out. Just getting spoon fed everything is lame and makes for a boring game. "Oh yeah, i beat that game, it was so easy. All the puzzles practically solve themselves" No wonder we have all these entitled people suing over little things. "This game is too harddd wahh". Geez get a grip, game are supposed to challenge you.

18. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    tl;dr: Learn not to suck at games.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  19. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Thanks emigre. thats basically what im saying lol

20. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    That's the problem, it isn't aimed solely at kids, a game like NSMB2 would be considered a kids game with the obvious lack of dialogue and story contrary to Sticker Star.