Hacking Gaming Homebrew Error 0xc8804470 occurs when I try to run Paper Mario Sticker Star

SqueakyFoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently picked up paper mario sticker star for a friend. (european copy), and dumped the cartridge on my modded 3DS. fast forward to today when I finally try to actually play the dump installed as a CIA on my modded 3DS, I get the error code
Code:
0xc8804470
naturally, I tested the .3ds in an emulator, and it works perfectly fine, so I'm at a loss for what to do. this was tested on 2 3DS systems, both with cfw. one japanese unit, and one american unit. of course, they're both modded, so they're both region free, so it being a European copy shoulnd't be a problem? no other 3DS game does this, so I'm really not sure what to do. any ideas?

Attachments

• e139eb1e-8b3d-4575-bb50-5262023160e5.jpg
    e139eb1e-8b3d-4575-bb50-5262023160e5.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 44

Yellow571

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a solution for an issue similar to yours:

I found this because I was getting that error for DQVIII.

European N3DS,
Cart was bought in America (because).
128Gb MicroSD, CFW (you know the story)

The solution was to use FBI to determine the title of your offending game (starts 0004, my DQVIII was 000400000018F100), then pop out the SD card, open it on a computer - navigate to your Luma folder, inside create a folder named 'titles'. Inside the 'titles' folder, create another folder named the title of your offending game (starts 0004). Inside that folder, create a text file 'locale.txt', and in the text file type (in caps) the region and language of your game....
example: 'USA EN' (which is what I put for my American DQVIII).

So in my case, the path looked like this:
"\luma\titles\000400000018F100\locale.txt"

Next step, put the SD card back in your 3DS, hold 'Select' when powering on your 3DS to get into Luma menu, and then make sure you enable game patching.

Press 'Start' to save and exit, and then try out your game!

In your case, have locale.txt say "EUR EN" instead.

SqueakyFoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a solution for an issue similar to yours:

In your case, have locale.txt say "EUR EN" instead.
yep, that worked. thank you so much!
I'm relatively new to 3DS homebrew stuff (I have had this thing modded for a year now, but haven't touched it much ><), and couldn't find anything on that error on google, lol

Reactions: Yellow571

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch