Hacking Why is my Bootmii menu and screens all in red?

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

not sure if I should be concerned as I have just managed to do a bootmii backup without problems but for some reason bootmii is now all in different shades of red (screens, menus etc) when it used to be green and white.

I have never installed cioscorp or anything similar in the past. I have tried googling it but it seems i am the only one with this issue.

Is the red background normal on recent versions of bootmii. Should i be concerned as i am just about to upgrade my Cios's to cIOSX rev21d2x from previous version rev20b.

Just looking for a few other opinions on this as i havn't used or updated my wii for about 6 months.

Thanks.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhm, it could be your A/V cables. If you use component cables, one of the red/green/blue plugs may be loose.

Or, a dying Wii GPU chip. But this would be the last thing to assume. When did you get that Wii?

edit: The only red bottomed screen concerned about bootmii menu, could be when you overwrite your nand. What about system menu? Games? Do they look normal?

Reactions: 1 person

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm, it could be your A/V cables. If you use component cables, one of the red/green/blue plugs may be loose.

Or, a dying Wii GPU chip. But this would be the last thing to assume. When did you get that Wii?

edit: The only red bottomed screen concerned about bootmii menu, could be when you overwrite your nand. What about system menu? Games? Do they look normal?

Yeah, cheers for that. It was a wii scart cable that is a bit loose. I didn't think it was this as the system menu and games looked fine. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol