Why is my Bootmii menu and screens all in red?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by melodical, Nov 3, 2011.

1. melodical
    OP

Member melodical GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

not sure if I should be concerned as I have just managed to do a bootmii backup without problems but for some reason bootmii is now all in different shades of red (screens, menus etc) when it used to be green and white.

I have never installed cioscorp or anything similar in the past. I have tried googling it but it seems i am the only one with this issue.

Is the red background normal on recent versions of bootmii. Should i be concerned as i am just about to upgrade my Cios's to cIOSX rev21d2x from previous version rev20b.

Just looking for a few other opinions on this as i havn't used or updated my wii for about 6 months.

Thanks.

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Uhm, it could be your A/V cables. If you use component cables, one of the red/green/blue plugs may be loose.

Or, a dying Wii GPU chip. But this would be the last thing to assume. When did you get that Wii?

edit: The only red bottomed screen concerned about bootmii menu, could be when you overwrite your nand. What about system menu? Games? Do they look normal?

1 person likes this.
  3. melodical
    OP

Member melodical GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah, cheers for that. It was a wii scart cable that is a bit loose. I didn't think it was this as the system menu and games looked fine. Thanks again.