Why dont fake "releases trolls" get banned?

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not going to name any names,but we have had multiple instances where people promise releases and end up not delivering. They cause hundreds of members to get banned and turn the forum into complete chaos and then they say "you guys pissed me off im not releasing trolololol" why do we even allow this lol?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

im gon reles momther 3 for 3ds i kall it momther 3ds but actually wait you guys are being meen im no release anymor go hom everone

why are you posting this in the eof

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gon reles momther 3 for 3ds i kall it momther 3ds but actually wait you guys are being meen im no release anymor go hom everone

why are you posting this in the eof

I dont want to get banned. Everytime I speak the truth about something not being senicle I end up with warnings.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those without any capability usually get found out pretty quickly. To that end any that stick will have potential and I would rather see 100 threads where the OP/project leads decide to say screw it and leave than have one not happen because it is not worth the risk.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those without any capability usually get found out pretty quickly. To that end any that stick will have potential and I would rather see 100 threads where the OP/project leads decide to say screw it and leave than have one not happen because it is not worth the risk.

Why? These irresponsible individuals need to understand that their clownish disposition will not be tolerated. They disrupt the whole flow of the forums,it is the equivalent of starting a riot. Examples are KtR or IOSU these guys need to understand that their behavior is not entertaining or funny and is detrimental to the community.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This seems to be far from the first time you have brought something like this up.
I think we are going to have to leave it at GBAtemp forum runners and you have somewhat different approaches to things. It works for here though, and I have seen the equivalent of such things for decades more. Some can not handle it but that will always happen for some.

I will have to look up your specific examples but they have not been brought to my attention and such things usually get discussed if they do go sour. I do have to ask though if you have ever been on a big/somewhat anticipated project? Most people do not stop work lightly.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to be far from the first time you have brought something like this up.
I think we are going to have to leave it at GBAtemp forum runners and you have somewhat different approaches to things. It works for here though, and I have seen the equivalent of such things for decades more. Some can not handle it but that will always happen for some.

I will have to look up your specific examples but they have not been brought to my attention and such things usually get discussed if they do go sour. I do have to ask though if you have ever been on a big/somewhat anticipated project? Most people do not stop work lightly.

These threads get upwards of 1.5 million views,so they are trolling 1.5 million people and 100s get perma banned from this community. If I piss one person off just one thats warning points on my my account,these people troll MILLIONS and they don't get any type of consequence.

D

Deleted User

These threads get upwards of 1.5 million views,so they are trolling 1.5 million people and 100s get perma banned from this community. If I piss one person off just one thats warning points on my my account,these people troll MILLIONS and they don't get any type of consequence.
Or maybe 1.5 million people are just looking at the thread for entertainment. :v)

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.5 million views does not mean 1.5 million unique visitors and it is quite unreasonable to think that. Could still be a lot though.

As for you pissing one person off... there is a fairly well known joke that gets redone for every new war. I will go the last version I heard of it
George Bush and Tony Blair are sitting there planning the Iraq war. Their wives walk in and see them up to something and ask what is up.
They explain they are going to start a war and kill 100000 Muslims and a dentist
"Why are you going to kill a denist?"
George Bush turns back to Blair and says "I told you, nobody ever asks about the Muslims".

There are a couple of truths in that, though your reply would still seem to be that you are working under assumptions you have previously been told are incorrect. That being you wanting hard and unbending rules when this is anything but.

Wolololo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hell no otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread lol. Only thing hykem released was 1000s of members from the gbatemp community.
I think that's a good example of the issue here for the forum mods.
Hykem has delivered countless times on various hacking scenes, so it's very likely his hack is real. So then, as a mod, what rules are you going to enforce? What is a troll, and what is a legit project that has been delayed? If someone on GBATemp said that Hykem is a troll, the resulting shame would be on GBATemp for banning one of the guys who has released some of the most critical exploits on many consoles in the past few years.
Conversely, if you say "we don't ban XXXX because he has released stuff in the past", how is that fair for newer hackers who haven't released anything yet, are trying really hard, but in the end run into problems they hadn't foreseen?

In other words, how can the mods make a difference between a troll and an honest guy who made a mistake? In general, they can't.

There are also trolls who are very advanced: these guys sometimes release useful stuff, other times pretend they'll release something that never happens. Do you ban those guys even though you know that once in a while they release cool stuff?

I've also met lots of people who were initially just trolls, or trying to get credit on top of other people's work (e.g. releasing a simple hexedited mod of a Custom Firmware and claiming it to be their own). Turn out that by doing so, these guys got to learn a bit about custom firmwares, and released their own stuff later on. Wouldn't it be a shame for the community if such a guy was banned and not given an opportunity to learn, grow, then give back?

Bottom line is, it's tough on many aspects to be 100% certain that banning someone like that is going to be beneficial for the community long term.

D

Deleted User

How do I steal your sig that comment is hilarious.

"You are not as important as you think" I legit lolled.
Code:
[QUOTE="Ssssuper, post: 6071982, member: 379374"]You're not as important as you think, 30 years old and on a gaming forum lmao[/QUOTE]

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't been suspended for Arguing a point. You've been suspended mainly for taking it WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO FAR

Lets imagine for a second you get into a drunken bar fight(just using this as an example). You throw the first punch and you end up losing the fight dripping in blood,you call the cops to take care of it so the other guy gets arrested(doesn't work like that in USA btw). That is a similar situation to what happens with me lol,except that the law in the USA indicates that the person that throws the first punch is the aggressor,many times I take warning points when someone else is the aggressor. Since I am on my last strike I usually don't even engage trolls anymore because I know we don't live in a perfect world and I can't afford to lose my account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill