LGBTQIA+ Tempers!

Why do they care so much about abortion?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

I have learned, that the abortion issue is important for the LGBTQIA+ community as well, because it is connected indirectly to the rights of this community.

In this thread I want to ask you about your persective why so many weird christian nerds are engaged in this debate. Let's be honest here, most of them aren't exactly magnets for heterosexual women. So why are they so deeply engaged with a topic that isn't likely to be one of their personal concern ever.

I find this to be deeply ironic, and would like to understand what is up with them. Since many of you oppose them, what is you perspective on these weird christian nerds?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Because these people go to church, and hear their pastor tell them how to feel about a subject specifically without thinking critically; maybe they don't even go to church, and their parents tell them how to think, because that's what their parents passed on to them.

This applies to both abortion or gay marriage. They are directed to specific passages and cherry pick the Bible to suit their backwards way of life and use it as a crutch for their inability to tolerate another human being.

It's not the Christianity aspect--these people just hide their hatred behind their religion.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Everybody tries to influence how someone else thinks. No big surprise here.

Me I try to force my thinking onto other people because I have superior thinking to everyone else.

Christians are nerdier then super nerds that play D&D.

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Because these people go to church, and hear their pastor tell them how to feel about a subject specifically without thinking critically; maybe they don't even go to church, and their parents tell them how to think, because that's what their parents passed on to them.

This applies to both abortion or gay marriage. They are directed to specific passages and cherry pick the Bible to suit their backwards way of life and use it as a crutch for their inability to tolerate another human being.

It's not the Christianity aspect--these people just hide their hatred behind their religion.
This is true on so many levels. Most christians I have talked to don't even know the bible on a superficial level, and the few that do completely miss the point from my analysis. They look at the bible like it is the word from god himself, when in reality it is a highly intelligent work of human literature, of course. They take the most face value interpretation that suits them and don't get that it is a work of deep symbolic meaning at all.

While there are passages that are clearly hostile towards homosexual behavior in the bible, there are also alot of favorable portrayals of what christians would see as deviant behavior including homosexuality. There are even favorable portrayals of incest believe it or not in there.

This aside from my analysis it is clear, that the christian church had always 'sexual deviant behavior' amoung their own ranks. So much so that I would argue that it's a feature not a bug. Christians don't have the ability to look at this critically.
Everybody tries to influence how someone else thinks. No big surprise here.
True, controlling minds is true power.
Me I try to force my thinking onto other people because I have superior thinking to everyone else.
Yes, it was always the case in functional societies that people of more functional cognition took over the domain of consequential thought.
Christians are nerdier then super nerds that play D&D.
This is so true in so many cases. The difference is that D&D nerds don't feel moralized to impose their hobby onto others.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish people could get along. I have my opinions, just won't share them here, because I know that it will make someone angry or I'll get into an argument. I was talking with my mom, and I told her that I would've been part of John Lennon's band of people where he and his wife laid naked in bed protesting war, promoting peace. I would've been there with them doing the same thing. there are certain things that are just right, certain things that are wrong. I choose to do the right thing.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
They are directed to specific passages and cherry pick the Bible
The thing about abortion and the Bible is that it's actually in favor of it. There's a single passage on it, and it's about poisoning your wife to cause a miscarriage if she cheats on you. Insidious Christian leaders didn't even have to use the book to brainwash people on this subject. They just cause pearl clutching with bullshit like "they're a child, not a choice!" None of these people actually care about life, though. I mean hell, the whole religion is about dying, and what happens to you at that point. The truth is that they need live babies so they can keep milking the ignorant for tax free paydays.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The thing about abortion and the Bible is that it's actually in favor of it. There's a single passage on it, and it's about poisoning your wife to cause a miscarriage if she cheats on you. Insidious Christian leaders didn't even have to use the book to brainwash people on this subject.
While I agree with you on the questionable nature how christians engage with the bible, it would be nice to get a quotation on this one.
They just cause pearl clutching with bullshit like "they're a child, not a choice!" None of these people actually care about life, though. I mean hell, the whole religion is about dying,
This is true in a deep sense. Christianity is a death and endtime cult.
and what happens to you at that point. The truth is that they need live babies so they can keep milking the ignorant for tax free paydays.
This is true to a point, but children are the future.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: