Hacking Why did all of my R4i Gold 3DS Plus cards start glitching and freezing at once, after 2 years?

elevenism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you guys helped me out in august of 2018, and pointed me in the right direction for R4 cards, when i was facing opiate withdrawal and rheumatoid disease, which is happening now. My ds lite is like, my only solace.

I bought like, 5 R4i Gold 3DS Plus cards, and multiple DS lites.

After going on 2 years of enjoyment, they've suddenly ALL started glitching and freezing.

It started on my main DS lite/r4/micro sd. So i tried a different ds, and then another. i opened up a brand new R4 card, (from 2018,) transferred all the data from the micro SD to the computer and onto a new micro sd, and i'm still having the same issues. i also uninstalled, and reinstalled, the kernel.

Does this make sense to any of you guys? what the holy hell is going on here?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@elevenism You may be right. I have bought about 12 R4i gold carts (between 2013-2020), and these seem to last like after 2000 power cycles and simply die for no reason. I mean the R4IGold.cc cards supposed to NOT have time bombs. In fact once I got 1 that I never took it off from the SLOT-1 and always used ToolchainGenericDS-ftpserver to test code, and that one ALSO died. Some would cause freezes during DLDI operation, some others simply fail to work anymore.

I have a NinjapassX9SD since 2009, and believe it or not it still works. lol

So there may be some code triggering SPI flash writes or whatever in R4IGold.cc bootloader cards anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I dread the price point.