Hacking Why did all of my R4i Gold 3DS Plus cards start glitching and freezing at once, after 2 years?

elevenism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you guys helped me out in august of 2018, and pointed me in the right direction for R4 cards, when i was facing opiate withdrawal and rheumatoid disease, which is happening now. My ds lite is like, my only solace.

I bought like, 5 R4i Gold 3DS Plus cards, and multiple DS lites.

After going on 2 years of enjoyment, they've suddenly ALL started glitching and freezing.

It started on my main DS lite/r4/micro sd. So i tried a different ds, and then another. i opened up a brand new R4 card, (from 2018,) transferred all the data from the micro SD to the computer and onto a new micro sd, and i'm still having the same issues. i also uninstalled, and reinstalled, the kernel.

Does this make sense to any of you guys? what the holy hell is going on here?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@elevenism You may be right. I have bought about 12 R4i gold carts (between 2013-2020), and these seem to last like after 2000 power cycles and simply die for no reason. I mean the R4IGold.cc cards supposed to NOT have time bombs. In fact once I got 1 that I never took it off from the SLOT-1 and always used ToolchainGenericDS-ftpserver to test code, and that one ALSO died. Some would cause freezes during DLDI operation, some others simply fail to work anymore.

I have a NinjapassX9SD since 2009, and believe it or not it still works. lol

So there may be some code triggering SPI flash writes or whatever in R4IGold.cc bootloader cards anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: And then some.