Hacking Why Am I Still On 3.0.1

Suavalicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I got my Switch, it was on firmware 3.0.1 and the idea was to leave it there however everything that's been released has been for every firmware but 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. I know for the most port the lower the better but does it matter when I am at 3.0.1? Not sure if I should jump to 4.1 or just stay here.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
I updated one time to 3.0.1 offline at a friends house for christmas last year when i got odyssey with my switch, had i know then i wouldnt have but ofc now im stuck with that fw because i was told to never update.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm on 3.02 and I also see no love for this firmware either when something's support 5XX and no 3.02...

Anyway I will just wait as with all this progression, when Atmosphere comes out it might already have softmode support upto 4.1... Anyway I think on any FW atmosphere can already theoretically be booted right away since if we "break" the console's nand on purpose it will enter in RCM automatically, but I even wonder if that's the way to go...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I got my Switch, it was on firmware 3.0.1 and the idea was to leave it there however everything that's been released has been for every firmware but 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. I know for the most port the lower the better but does it matter when I am at 3.0.1? Not sure if I should jump to 4.1 or just stay here.
If you're content using a jig each time you want to launch CFW, or if you're content installing AutoRCM, then there's no reason not to update.

Suavalicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't made up my mind about semi-bricking the switch yet (would be nice little way of giving someone problems if it was stolen) but aren't you suppose to be able to do this on 4.1? I guess at this point I am just wondering if I should stay at this firmware for any reason or go up to 4.1. It seems it's different enough for things that work on 3.0.0 to not work here but things on 4.1 also don't work on this firmware which makes me wonder if anything will be made for this (besides Atmosphere of course) along the lines of home brew.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't made up my mind about semi-bricking the switch yet (would be nice little way of giving someone problems if it was stolen) but aren't you suppose to be able to do this on 4.1? I guess at this point I am just wondering if I should stay at this firmware for any reason or go up to 4.1. It seems it's different enough for things that work on 3.0.0 to not work here but things on 4.1 also don't work on this firmware which makes me wonder if anything will be made for this (besides Atmosphere of course) along the lines of home brew.
There is an unreleased software-based exploit that works on firmwares 3.01-4.1. Now we don't know when exactly it will be released, but this does mean that for the time being, 4.1 is as good as being on 3.01. The chances of someone discovering an exploit on 3.01 that isn't on 4.1 are low (but not zero) so keep that in mind if you do end up updating to 4.1. Also, updating to 4.1 involves buying a game as there are no other ways to do it

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i got a 1.0.0 and a 3.0.2

just wait and by time we will get something special.

i lived the days in vita where you manually had to enter to push the exploit each time, and it wasnt a fuss, and later it was through the email app, and then we got enso which was the holy grail.

things will develop with time and i guess we will all be on a plain level with time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.