Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC wave 5 requires update...I am updated

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
This is the first time I've encountered something like this. I recently updated my Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game to the most recent version (v2.4.0) and already had the DLC installed. I am however unable to start the game with this DLC. I am getting the error "An upadate to the downloadable content is required. Please restart the software and perform a software update. If you restart the software, any unsaved data will be lost". I do not understand why. I am currently on the latest firmware 16.0.3, my game is fully updated and the DLC Tracks until now have worked with no issues up until the 2.4.0 update. When I start the game, the Title Screen does indeed say "2.4.0".

Any ideas what I am missing here?
Thanks so much!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download a good update at least...
Update the DLC also, it seems you have never done it.
They said they are updated to 2.4.0.

And they also said the DLC has always worked until now, so I assume previous waves have worked fine?

I heard there was an issue with DLC installing with goldleaf, idk though, I haven’t tried install the latest wave yet.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Installed with Awoo Installer, and yes the previous waves worked perfectly fine which is why I'm so confused. All other games working perfectly.

EDIT: Just to confirm - there's only one NSP required to install the DLC correct? All future waves are working only after the most recent game update? Or is a seperate NSP file required every single time a new DLC wave is released?

Last edited by vgplayer54,
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Installed with Awoo Installer, and yes the previous waves worked perfectly fine which is why I'm so confused. All other games working perfectly.

EDIT: Just to confirm - there's only one NSP required to install the DLC correct? All future waves are working only after the most recent game update? Or is a seperate NSP file required every single time a new DLC wave is released?
Afaik a new NSP for each wave. So that may be your issue.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the update you downloaded is damaged or something, I installed wave 5 update [v1048576] several days ago with wave 1 dlc [v65536], all tracks are playable.
Afaik a new NSP for each wave. So that may be your issue.
The dlc nsp aka unlocker itself got update once with wave 2 or something, from [v0] to [v65536], then it's the same for all later waves.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like the update you downloaded is damaged or something, I installed wave 5 update [v1048576] several days ago with wave 1 dlc [v65536], all tracks are playable.

The dlc nsp aka unlocker itself got update once with wave 2 or something, from [v0] to [v65536], then it's the same for all later waves.
Ahh, thanks for the info :)

Reactions: randy_w

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This appears to have resolved the issue. I thought I already had the v65536 installed since the DLC worked with no issues up until Wave 4 but, somehow reinstalling this resolved the issue. Thank you so much for the help! Issue resolved :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game