Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updates and DLC

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a physical copy of Mario Kart 8, and would like the DLC and, if I need to, update the game as well.

If I have a legitimate copy of a game, then get the DLC and/update on CFW in emuMMC, and play the online part of the game and DLC only on emuMMC, will I still be able to play offline in stock or sysMMC? As far aa game updates go, I am not sure how those work as opposed DLC.

Also, I heard about creating a second emuMMC to use for a game's DLC, but I wouldn't know how to tell if I have two emuMMCs or not, let alone create another. Where do I look for that on the sd card?

Thanks for the help!

benchlord

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should only play online on ofw/Stock Firmware!*

Clear this up for me: So you want to buy the DLC? If you don't, you should never Play online with it installed. You can however update your legitimate game on ofw, then you'll be able to drive the new courses online, too, afaik.

*You can somehow make a "Clean" emunand with no pirated content whatsoever, then your console MIGHT not be banned, but I have No experience with this...

Reactions: neko_koneko

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. Got the sysMMC and emuMMC switched. I did mean online only on stock, not emuMMC. So if I don't buy the DLC, but update the game on ofw, I'll be able to go online and have the new courses anyway? Or do I have to buy the courses? Can I use the DLC found on tinfoil and other places as well? I was curious because I have seen the DLC files for free, and was wondering how people play them. Even if you risk being banned when online.

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Oops. Got the sysMMC and emuMMC switched. I did mean online only on stock, not emuMMC. So if I don't buy the DLC, but update the game on ofw, I'll be able to go online and have the new courses anyway? Or do I have to buy the courses? Can I use the DLC found on tinfoil and other places as well? I was curious because I have seen the DLC files for free, and was wondering how people play them. Even if you risk being banned when online.
I guess updating from CFW (Official Update) and then play it on OFW, Nintendo might not ban you because that update is legit if your CFW is clean (No hacks, no custom themes, etc.), BUT if you wanna install a Update/DLC (pirated), bad news, you can't play online, if you do, you get a sweet BAN. :tpi:

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess updating from CFW (Official Update) and then play it on OFW, Nintendo might not ban you because that update is legit if your CFW is clean (No hacks, no custom themes, etc.), BUT if you wanna install a Update/DLC (pirated), bad news, you can't play online, if you do, you get a sweet BAN. :tpi:
Ok. I think I understand. Do you have to play online to play the extra courses? And in other games, to play DLC in general? If I put my Mario Kart 8 cartridge in an
unpatched Switch, for instance, will it retain the data? Or keep my progress and save?

And basically, I can play the base game for Mario Kart 8, and any other legitimate physical or digital copy of a game online in stock sysMMC on my CFW Switch?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I think I understand. Do you have to play online to play the extra courses? And in other games, to play DLC in general? If I put my Mario Kart 8 cartridge in an
unpatched Switch, for instance, will it retain the data? Or keep my progress and save?

And basically, I can play the base game for Mario Kart 8, and any other legitimate physical or digital copy of a game online in stock sysMMC on my CFW Switch?

You can play online as long your NAND is clean, meaning no pirated contents like nsp format update and dlc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol