Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem mad. My point was that 2 hours a year is a joke to warrant a 3 hour set up. When there's over 8700 hours in a year, 2 isn't a lot.

But hey, you're the math whiz who must be right. /s
Well, my calculations aren't wrong.

I'm not mad :P I don't really care what you're running. You do you, I'm just stating one of the benefits of A9LH. (Also, setting up A9LH does not take 3 hours, please don't spread false information. It'll probably take 1 and 1/2 hour at most. The original way of setting up A9LH took around 3 hours. Current way of doing it is pretty fast actually.)

Reactions: klear

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
You need to add an additional option

"i'm tired of seeing all this a9lh master race crap polluting my beloved forum and it's turning me off installing arm9loaderhax"

Before anyone calls me a menuhax peasant, I have one 3DS XL with a9lh installed already and another 2 XL's (one N3DS) with otp.bin's dumped waiting for gateway support :)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people are fine with their boot rates. It isn't like permanent CFW or something that you install to nand and you have it forever. Once those come out the brick risk will be worth it as it will boot as fast as a vanilla 3ds. A9LH is jut a time saver for those who cant wait 20 seconds to do illegal stuff.

Reactions: cvskid

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to add an additional option

"i'm tired of seeing all this a9lh master race crap polluting my beloved forum and it's turning me off installing arm9loaderhax"

Before anyone calls me a menuhax peasant, I have one 3DS XL with a9lh installed already and another 2 XL's (one N3DS) with otp.bin's dumped waiting for gateway support :)
Same situation here, on my new 3ds XL I only dumped my otp. At least the release is around the corner lol

Reactions: Arubaro

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my calculations aren't wrong.

I'm not mad :P I don't really care what you're running. You do you, I'm just stating one of the benefits of A9LH. (Also, setting up A9LH does not take 3 hours, please don't spread false information. It'll probably take 1 and 1/2 hour at most. The original way of setting up A9LH took around 3 hours. Current way of doing it is pretty fast actually.)
I'm not saying they are. I'm saying in comparison to everything you waste time on, 2 hours of the 8000+ you get a year will literally mean nothing to anyone who doesn't have some kind of fear of wasting precious seconds. And really, an hour to an hour and a half *after* already installing things is just wasting more time. It doesn't matter how long it takes either, if you've downgraded and installed a CFW, you'd have to downgrade again, risking a brick, especially on n3DS. There's far more to it than just doing it.

And your calculations are assuming you're just sitting there turning on your 3DS with nothing else to do while It boots. Examples being, Watching TV, Fiddling with your Smartphone, Browsing the Internet.... etc. And even then, assuming how many times someone boots is conjecture. Some people may turn their 3DS off up to 3, 4, 6, 10 times a day. Maybe it'd be more worth it to them, but for me, your calculations would be way off base because my 3DS only ever gets shut off if it Crashes. And that happens maybe once a week if I'm unlucky.

aceoyame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 3D works properly since ReiNAND 3.5 :P
wait really? So I DONT need to use a9lh? I have one small issue with mine that I am trying to figure out and am really throwing the dice on it here lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not saying they are. I'm saying in comparison to everything you waste time on, 2 hours of the 8000+ you get a year will literally mean nothing to anyone who doesn't have some kind of fear of wasting precious seconds. And really, an hour to an hour and a half *after* already installing things is just wasting more time. It doesn't matter how long it takes either, if you've downgraded and installed a CFW, you'd have to downgrade again, risking a brick, especially on n3DS. There's far more to it than just doing it.

And your calculations are assuming you're just sitting there turning on your 3DS with nothing else to do while It boots. Examples being, Watching TV, Fiddling with your Smartphone, Browsing the Internet.... etc. And even then, assuming how many times someone boots is conjecture. Some people may turn their 3DS off up to 3, 4, 6, 10 times a day. Maybe it'd be more worth it to them, but for me, your calculations would be way off base because my 3DS only ever gets shut off if it Crashes. And that happens maybe once a week if I'm unlucky.

I am working on a9lh on mine but have menuhax. My way around it was to just keep it in sleep mode.

Reactions: NightsOwl

aceoyame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent arm9loaderhax yet but I will do, I havent enough time :D
How many hours will we need while doing arm9loaderhax? Thanks.
im in the middle of it right now. I have spent 4 hours so far. Mostly waiting but I am stuck on an issue where if I dont fix it before I flash might brick my n3ds lol

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that's what I stated several times on my original post, "assuming". It depends on person to person. Some may benefit from it, others may not.

A9LH saved me from a sysNAND brick, if I didn't have A9LH, I would have required a hardmod. So I find it very beneficial.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple: Laziness. I don't use my 3DS that often anymore. When I do use it, it boots just fine into EmuNAND, so I haven't had much motivation to switch over.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- I haven't touch my 3DS for more than a year
- I'm still on 4.5.0-5 (I'm not sure -5 can be hacked, it usually required -7, it probably changed since last year?)
- I couldn't use Ninjhax or CFW due to "-5"
- Lazy, I don't need to update
- Lazy, I would need to catch up all the hacking progress to understand what I'm doing (and there's no way I do something I don't understand why).
- I don't want to update to 9.2.x
- I have a gateway, and don't know the issue it will cause if I update (not that I used it a lot..., I played only two games which I own)
- 3DS doesn't have games I'm interested in. (I'm only waiting for Picross 3D v2, maybe it's already released?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny