WHO from GBATemp is this ? Show himself !

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

This guy has an world record in collecting Video-Games:

Guinness-Rekord-Weltgroesste-Spielesammlung-2019-1554469618-1-11.jpg
Guinness-Rekord-Weltgroesste-Spielesammlung-2019-1554469625-1-11.jpg

• more than 1000 PlayStation 1 Games
  • complete PlayStation 2 Collection for North America
  • complete PlayStation 3 Collection for Nortrh America
  • over 900 PlayStation 4 Games
  • every PS Vita Game which released in North America
  • complete PSP Collection for North America
  • complete Xbox Collection for North America
  • complete Xbox 360 Collection for North America
  • over 500 Xbox ONE Games
  • complete Wii U Collection for North America
  • complete Game Cube Collection for North America
  • complete Wii Collection for North America
  • 118 Nintendo Switch Games
  • complete Sega Dreamcast Collection for North America
  • Turbografx games
  • Super Famicom games
  • Complete collection of 32X
  • Complete Atari Jaguar System collection for North America
  • Atari Lynx, complete collection of retail releases for North America
  • Complete collection of SEGA CD games for North America
  • Japanese Saturn games
  • Japanese Dreamcast games
  • Complete Game Boy collection for North America
  • Complete Game Boy Color collection for North America
  • Complete Game Boy Advance collection for North America
  • More than 1,100 Nintendo DS games
  • Every Neo Geo Pocket game released in North America
  • Nintendo 64 collection
  • Atari and Gauge games
  • SEGA PICO games
  • Complete collection of NES games for North America including unlicensed games

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...est-videogame-collection-with-more-than-20000

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably not a member here, though that'd be awesome if he was. My collection is quite a bit more humble, though I have assembled a 'best of' for every Nintendo and Sony home console, minus NES, plus Dreamcast. Only about 7 Nintendo games and 2-3 Dreamcast games before it's complete, at least by my standards. :)

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My collection is quite a bit more humble, though I have assembled a 'best of' for every Nintendo and Sony home console, minus NES, plus Dreamcast. Only about 7 Nintendo games and 2-3 Dreamcast games before it's complete, at least by my standards. :)

Likewise! Not to take away from this guy's well-deserving award (so many complete sets!) but my method of collecting is a lot smaller-scale, instead amassing my favourites and having a hard pre-defined cap on all the games I want to tick off, mostly because of space management. Currently at roughly 600 out of 1300 games I'm searching for.

Though, seeing this guy's collection really does make me super happy that people love our hobby of gaming that much to cover all their walls in it.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Looks like the video game equivalent of a library or bookstore. Now I can't help but wonder how they're all organized: alphabetically, by release number, or by series? (And where do regional variants go? Seeing as the additional info from the link mentions that he also has some Japanese games.)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you actually implying people buy games here? :P
Well I had been buying all my games (except 3DS) legit for the past ~6 years or so, but the Epic Games Store has caused a resurgence in my pirate side. :ninja:

Looks like the video game equivalent of a library or bookstore. Now I can't help but wonder how they're all organized: alphabetically, by release number, or by series? (And where do regional variants go? Seeing as the additional info from the link mentions that he also has some Japanese games.)
Obviously he uses the Dewey decimal system. /s
:D

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Good question! I imagine he's ordered them alphabetically, most collectors I know who have gargantuan collections order them that way, especially with "complete" sets. Then regional variants displayed separately, since they often have different sizing in boxes/cases (more so with older games).

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Holy shit, imagine how much money all that must have cost him. That guy must be loaded to afford this many games.

Depends how you do it! A very efficient way to collect is to purchase massive bundles of second hand games (with games in those bundles that you're searching for), and sell the duplicates afterwards. It's time consuming, but you basically don't lose money that way. Then buying the odd uncommon or rare games/hardware outside of those bundles.

Don't know if this dude did it, but I'd bet it'd be at least one way he amassed a portion of his collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Catnip high