Wii remotes can not sync in cfg usb loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djc151084, Jul 11, 2011.

1. djc151084
    OP

djc151084 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2011
    Hi this is not a question just some advice incase any one else finds them self in a sitiation like i did,

On the weekend past i took my wii remotes (x3) over to the inlaws house and synced them all with her wii so 4 of us could play as she only has 1x wii remote. When i came home and tried to re-sync with my wii i found this was not possible the reason was because my wii Autoboots to cfg usb loader and you can not sync remotes from there so i needed to get back to the wii menu, i could load priiloader by holding down reset at start up but was unable to navigate priiloader menu due to having no remotes in sync, I googled for about 30 frustating minutes and could not get a straight answer apart from i could have avoided this by having a gamecube controller to navigate priiloader, i was about to purchase 1 from ebay when i came across some website with the answer to my problem,

• Hold reset down at start up to boot priiloader (If installed)
    • Wait 15 seconds
    • Hold down reset again for a further 15 seconds

What this does then is boot the wii menu and let you sync your remotes again

Hope this can help someone as i found it to be a very frustating 45 minutes or so lol

djc

2. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Wow that's a bit compilcated, I never heard that this doesn't work... I can't believe it because I thought it's a hardware thing.

3. djc151084
    OP

djc151084 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2011
    I thought the same as you but geniunally this happend to me, i am unsure if wii remotes can sync in any other type of homebrew as i have not tested but i believe that most apps will have the same outcome as cfg usb loader.

djc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice