Wii remotes can not sync in cfg usb loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djc151084, Jul 11, 2011.

Jul 11, 2011
  1. djc151084
    OP

Newcomer djc151084 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi this is not a question just some advice incase any one else finds them self in a sitiation like i did,

On the weekend past i took my wii remotes (x3) over to the inlaws house and synced them all with her wii so 4 of us could play as she only has 1x wii remote. When i came home and tried to re-sync with my wii i found this was not possible the reason was because my wii Autoboots to cfg usb loader and you can not sync remotes from there so i needed to get back to the wii menu, i could load priiloader by holding down reset at start up but was unable to navigate priiloader menu due to having no remotes in sync, I googled for about 30 frustating minutes and could not get a straight answer apart from i could have avoided this by having a gamecube controller to navigate priiloader, i was about to purchase 1 from ebay when i came across some website with the answer to my problem,

• Hold reset down at start up to boot priiloader (If installed)
    • Wait 15 seconds
    • Hold down reset again for a further 15 seconds

What this does then is boot the wii menu and let you sync your remotes again

Hope this can help someone as i found it to be a very frustating 45 minutes or so lol

djc

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Wow that's a bit compilcated, I never heard that this doesn't work... I can't believe it because I thought it's a hardware thing.

3. djc151084
    OP

Newcomer djc151084 Member

United Kingdom
    I thought the same as you but geniunally this happend to me, i am unsure if wii remotes can sync in any other type of homebrew as i have not tested but i believe that most apps will have the same outcome as cfg usb loader.

djc