Hacking which is the best flash card for game's

citroenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I'm looking for a good flash card for my Nintendo DSlite. this will be my first flash card and i dont have experience with it at all...

Im going on holiday for a long time and i wanted to get a flash card for nds game's not for the music or video's
just a fast one with 100% working rom's... i currenlty thinking about a Acekart 2.1, but not sure it's the best choose
and what do i need more then only just the card? (that i know a MicroSDHC or something and a usb but that's already included if im right...)

is there anything else i need to know about it?

thx for helping
biggrin.gif

(srry for bad english, is my first post on this forum
shy.gif
)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For a first time cart, the Acekard is ideal.

However, you are better off with an Acekard 2i. The reason being you will still be able to use it if you replace your DS Lite with a DSi or DSi XL, and there's also a reasonable chance you will be able to use it on the 3DS to play DS Games.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with tk_saturn on the acekard2i. Granted its not as cheap as an R4 and may or may not be quicker at updating than AKAIO (depends on YWG), but AKAIO has a higher chance of working with future games that may have anti-piracy because unlike the R4, acekards have the ability to attempt AP patching whereas R4's must have the firmware updated on a per rom basis (like ysmenu).
Of course, supposing you aren't going to play the newer games or have the patience to count on YWG's releases, you could totally go for the R4.

As for the USB adapter...well the one I got with my R4 was crap (SimplyMods) and my acekard didn't come with one. Usually storebought adapters are more reliable than the ones included with flashcarts, though my first adapter still works fine (also came with an R4, but it was an R4 Original with all of the nice packaging and outdated firmware =D).

Shipping generally is said to take 2-5 weeks...

citroenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok im going for a Acekardi

buying from a site of my own country: http://www.superpcs.nl/catalog/prod...need if im right... for a totall of 50 euro's

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
acekards have the ability to attempt AP patching whereas R4's must have the firmware updated on a per rom basis (like ysmenu).
You can't name a single recent AP protected game that worked without patching/firmware update on AKAIO. Sure, it may have this auto-patching feature, but it does nothing for currect anti-piracy measures. Please don't misinform people.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Jun 16 2010, 11:30 AM) Of course, supposing you aren't going to play the newer games or have the patience to count on YWG's releases, you could totally go for the R4.
So he's better off waiting for AKAIO releases, huh? Lately they've been taking way longer than Wood updates. Again with the misdirection.

So, the fact is that the best firmware for both R4DS and AK2i is unofficial, which means you can't expect any support. They develop their firmwares on their free time and they might stop any time.

E: By the way, the site you're buying from is selling the Supercard DSONEi for the same price. You might want to look into that before order anything. It has more features and an active official support team. I don't own the cart so I don't know much about it, firmware the update frequency, build quality, or anything, but I've gotten the impression that it's good.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
2. bypass protection option doesn't work. cart limitation.

WoodR4 1.04 Release Thread

Miser said:
QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Jun 16 2010, 11:30 AM) acekards have the ability to attempt AP patching whereas R4's must have the firmware updated on a per rom basis (like ysmenu).
You can't name a single recent AP protected game that worked without patching/firmware update on AKAIO. Sure, it may have this auto-patching feature, but it does nothing for currect anti-piracy measures. Please don't misinform people.

The R4 AP needs to be specifically added on a per game basis w/R4 HW. As mentioned by "jurassicplayer".

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you could just play Jam with the Band on AKAIO without waiting for an update, right? Oh wait, that's right you couldn't. Zelda? No. Megaman? No. Warioware DIY? No. Anything? No.
Read my post more carefully. It's like I said, it might have some kind of auto-patching but it won't work on current anti-piracy measures.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
The feature isn't static it can be improved upon by those with the source code. It's not like they have some archaic AP auto patching code that's just kept around for bloat.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, AKAIO did work fairly with Pokemon HGSS even without an update (still froze rarely, but it was playable on AKAIO rather than unplayable after gym three on various other flashcarts)...although that is for a totally different reason unrelated to AP patching xD (I think).

Miser said:
jurassicplayer said:
acekards have the ability to attempt AP patching whereas R4's must have the firmware updated on a per rom basis (like ysmenu).
I'm not really sure I'm misinforming people on this one...I'm just saying that acekards do have the ability to attempt it (whether it works or not doesn't really matter to me, since I just go with "if it works, hell it works. if it doesn't, well it doesn't") whereas R4 just can't do that. We aren't saying that it will help for squat (but if it does, more power to it I suppose...) but it IS a feature of acekards and he has full rights to place whatever hopes and dreams he wants on it (even if I don't xD).

I really don't mind whether he gets an AK2i or an R4. I have both and they are interchangeable IMO...either way, its either YWG solo and the WoodR4 or the entire AKAIO team (YWG included) and AKAIO. I would say both are fairly reliable (the AKAIO team has history backing them, but hell so does YWG...just most of the recognition goes to Normmatt xD). I place some slight trust in the fact that WoodR4/RPG is opensource, but I also place trust in the fact that the AKAIO team IS made of more than just one person.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Well, AKAIO did work fairly with Pokemon HGSS even without an update (still froze rarely, but it was playable on AKAIO rather than unplayable after gym three on various other flashcarts)...although that is for a totally different reason unrelated to AP patching xD (I think).
I'm quite sure it was because the Korean version had been fixed on it and it had the same protection. Nothing to do with the AK feature.

You were implying that on AKAIO he wouldn't have to wait for firmware updates to play the newest AP protected games. That's obviously not true.

I don't care whether he gets an AK or an R4 either, but in my opinion the R4 is a better cart and that's why I recommend it. The constant undermining of the R4 just gets very old.

QUOTE(flamingo24 @ Jun 16 2010, 05:17 PM) The feature isn't static it can be improved upon by those with the source code. It's not like they have some archaic AP auto patching code that's just kept around for bloat.
Be as it may, you still can't name a single game AP protected game that didn't need patching.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
So, you could just play Jam with the Band on AKAIO without waiting for an update, right? Oh wait, that's right you couldn't. Zelda? No. Megaman? No. Warioware DIY? No. Anything? No.
Read my post more carefully. It's like I said, it might have some kind of auto-patching but it won't work on current anti-piracy measures.

You seem to think that AKAIO's loader updates are slow as shit. I'm fine with waiting half a day to a day for a game fix (this is of course if they're not working on the next release).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1