Which is better: Blender or 3DS Max?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sodaddict, Jul 29, 2016.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm deciding on what 3d modelling software to use that is perfect for both modelling and rigging, I've tried Maya but even with tutorials it was downright hard, but the main reason i quat Maya is because it has very bad support for ported Source models and Bethesda Models.

My other options would be Blender and 3DS Max, but the one i want is the one that is easy (not a priority to be easy), a GOOD rigging system and modelling system, and full and good support for Source and Bethesda models.

So what will it be? Blender or 3DS Max?

2. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Moon Dweller ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Both are good what matter the most is not the software but what you do with it and of course Both support rigging and modeling
    though the aproach is different, in the end it is the same
    3dsmax is more Game oriented while blender is more general oriented
    concerning source model, you can convert them so it don't really matter
    personally i use blender because it is free and oppen source ^^
    but all are good one and what matter the most is really you and not the software, what you can do on one, you can do on the other, not the same way but end up with the same result

3. henn64

henn64 I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Dec 26, 2012
    Canada
    The Great White South
    Your experience with 3DS Max will likely be the same, they both have a huuuge learning curve.
    I can't say much about rigging in Blender, but it's overall easier to use imo

after a quick google search:
    Source importing - http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/900968855939912275/?appid=1840

Bethesda .nif - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15690/

Last edited by henn64, Jul 29, 2016