Which is better: Blender or 3DS Max?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm deciding on what 3d modelling software to use that is perfect for both modelling and rigging, I've tried Maya but even with tutorials it was downright hard, but the main reason i quat Maya is because it has very bad support for ported Source models and Bethesda Models.

My other options would be Blender and 3DS Max, but the one i want is the one that is easy (not a priority to be easy), a GOOD rigging system and modelling system, and full and good support for Source and Bethesda models.

So what will it be? Blender or 3DS Max?

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Both are good what matter the most is not the software but what you do with it and of course Both support rigging and modeling
though the aproach is different, in the end it is the same
3dsmax is more Game oriented while blender is more general oriented
concerning source model, you can convert them so it don't really matter
personally i use blender because it is free and oppen source ^^
but all are good one and what matter the most is really you and not the software, what you can do on one, you can do on the other, not the same way but end up with the same result

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm deciding on what 3d modelling software to use that is perfect for both modelling and rigging, I've tried Maya but even with tutorials it was downright hard, but the main reason i quat Maya is because it has very bad support for ported Source models and Bethesda Models.

My other options would be Blender and 3DS Max, but the one i want is the one that is easy (not a priority to be easy), a GOOD rigging system and modelling system, and full and good support for Source and Bethesda models.

So what will it be? Blender or 3DS Max?
Your experience with 3DS Max will likely be the same, they both have a huuuge learning curve.
I can't say much about rigging in Blender, but it's overall easier to use imo

after a quick google search:
Source importing - http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/900968855939912275/?appid=1840

Bethesda .nif - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15690/

Last edited by henn64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1