Which game are you playing through for the first time?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MGS: Twin Snakes.

When you play every MGS game on Sony systems and are used to the controller, playing an MGS on a NGC controller is pretty difficult.

Metal Gear Solid with any controller is difficult.

Oh, you want to shoot things in the first person in MGS3? Have fun playing goddamn Tekken with the button combos.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Star Wars - KotOR first timer here! Pleasingly surprised for the first ten hours at the fourth planet atm.. Been a while i actually PLAY one of the tons i buy from deals here n there.. Check my backlog from my sig errr, guess i switched pirate syndrome to this one lol :(

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I played Cave Story, but I'm stuck at the multiple boss (king room/core/etc.), it's too hard for me.
I'm currently playing Luigi's Mansion for the first time, and I'm at the last boss (it's hard! spike balls don't always touch him).

I'm more and more curious about Skyrim too and would like to test it, but I didn't find any benchmark to run on my PC. (live benchmark, not website with CPU and card's names) Is there one?
Do I need Steam? I don't have an Xbox, but I prefer playing on console. someone will rent me his box?
Do I have to play Morrowind/Oblivion first? (I got Morrowind with my graphic card Nvidia 8800GS, but never played it).
I never played any Elder's Scroll.
I've always used http://www.systemrequirementslab.com, there really is no need for something else IMHO.

If you play the cracked version, you don't need Steam at all, you just install the crack and it'll work. Even for mods, you can just use the cracked version easily, not a lot of difference.
I would not recommend playing it on any console, then you'll lose the whole modding experience/fixes, and trust me, you don't want that. I'm sure you'll come something across in Skyrim that you really don't like, and you can be even more sure that someone else will have a mod to fix just that.... Play it on PC, or don't play it at all IMHO.... If you want to use the controller, there are mods for that.
You do NOT need to play Morrowind/Oblivion first. If you're planning on buying this game, I would suggest you play Oblivion/Fallout3/Fallout New Vegas before this, just to make sure you like these type of games.

Also, good checklist here.

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently playing through Metroid Prime on Wii for the first time because I really felt like playing it. I've already played it two times on GC (once at launch and once before the release of MP3) and I'm loving it.

It is very rare that you play a game that is even better then you remember. I mean Wow. It is phenomenal, especially with the enhanced controls (at
least when you play in pro-mode)!

Other then that I play a bit of CoD online and also MK7 but those two kinda casually. Prime is eating up my time :P

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the infos and that website.
I passed all the tests and I'm almost at the middle in compatibility level.
It'll work out fine, I've got a 8800GTS 512 on this 4 year old machine, and it ran Skyrim very good. Sure it could be prettier and I didn't install the craziest texture mods out there, but I enjoyed the game nonetheless.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EarthBound Zero (the Mother 1+2 fan re-translation, to be exact). I'll then be replaying EB and Mother 3 since I haven't finished those.

TheNathanNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through GTA Vice City Stories. (PS2, PC Emulator) and Spyro 1 (PS1, PC Emulator) and Sonic Colours (Wii).

D

Deleted_171835

Rayman Origins.

Bought for $15 on Steam and I'm finally playing it to completion. I played a bit on the Wii but stopped because this is a game where the artstyle really shines in HD. I'm LOVING it so far. Really good platformer.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands during the $5 Xbox GoD sale and actually enjoying it quite a bit. Far more like The Sands of Time gameplay-wise than the two games that came after.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First time? I'm currently playing Spelunky (XBLA): damn it's a good job I'm bald coz I wouldn't have any hair left playing this! Retro styled (in fact whilst it's all HD it feels very Genesis/MD styled, especially the bgm!), hard as nails, 2D platformer with randomly generated levels - theoretically you could beat the game in 10 minutes but best of luck there! 1 life, 4 hearts to start, and if you die it's right back to the beginning with nothing! ....but since the levels are randomly generated (and done so well you'd think they were hand made!) it doesn't matter - every game is different! Cracking game, up there with Fez for my current GOTY!

Also playing Shining Force CD for the first time! (gotta wonder why I missed this one) Loved Force 1, 2 and 3ep1 so really enjoying this too!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I just finished Metroid Fusion on my 3DS. It's my first ever Metroid game and I loved it! I'm a Metroid fan now and am looking forward to playing the other Metroid games.

It also made me realize that today's games are way too easy in comparison. I mean shit, they can almost play themselves!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them