Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

SephirothPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just bough white Nintendo 3DSXL bundled with Super Mario 3D Land and I got 4.3.0-10E. The serial number is: SEF1090xxxx x. I'm currently waiting for charger. Time to buy gateway.

pao13071

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
found a pink 3ds xl with SEH114057396 does it do??? i searched the site and it doesn't say :/ its really cheap too! 140 euro only and i got a friend who is an artist and can recolor it XD (i live in europe and the 3ds xl is pal region too)
so anyways if someone could help me and tell me what firmware it probably has i would be really grateful
secondly are all silver models in europe gateway ready? cause i see all of them are in the chart :)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys heres my story i have two 3ds xls one problem both my 3ds xls were 8.1.0..and one had a burnt motherboard from a horrible soldering job(done by me) trying to do the nand mod.

So this is where it all starts 7:00 AM, take apart both 3dsxl just to the point where the motherboard is out takes about 7-9 minutes each(extremely easy to do compared to iPhones or any smartphone or tablet). Eat breakfast and at 8:00AM go to Walmart, I was nervous that they wouldn't even have any serial sw12 let alone 2 like my plan intended. So i show up there its a clueless happy lady(score!) i tell her i need a 3ds xl and a certain serial number(I don't tell her what or why)check it out and notice TWO sw10!! Both red and every other model were sw14+ pick one up and go home. I couldn't believe it if everything went according to plan the only other 4.5 3ds inside walmart would also be mine.) Now i quickly take it apart being extra careful to make everything look like it was never touched, still mint i swap in the burnt motherboard, put it back together put it back in the box and I'm already on my way back to walmart.

8:45 I've already returned the burnt 3ds claiming it never worked and its brand new(and obviously all the serials matched because the ONLY PART SWAPPED WAS THE MOTHERBOARD, if your careful it's physically impsossible to tell). everything was apparently in order so its time for my money back from customer service which they do gladly.(i ask for money back and not and exchange so that I have a fresh new bill to get my money back later without having an exchange on my bill already, I then walk straight to the electronics department and make another purchase(the only other sw10 in there)they are both on 4.2 and I now returned the second 3ds (now on 8.1.1 to another completely unrelated walmart for a full refund because 'the person I bought it for as a gift doesn't want it.")

it is 10:50 what a morning sorry for the rant but I feel like only you guys would even slightly appreciate the planning I did and time I did it in to not only get TWO 3ds xl 4.5 BRAND NEW(basically just the mobo but still my consoles are mint anyways)but also getting rid of a bricked console worth nothing and all for free all I need was a 200$ float (which may not be a problem for me but isn't viable for everyone)in the end that 200$ is back in your pockets. Basically this whole rant was to say thank god for you guys and your serials or else it would just be a guessing game thank to everyone who ended up unknowingly helping a stranger kudos to you.

TL;DR. I got a 4.5 3DS XL

crispyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try to open it and check if the serial number is the same on the motherboard and on the shell ?

Edit: Just checked some pictures on Google Image... and I am not sure anymore the same serial was printed on the motherboard. So, just forget it. :x

Thanks for the additional input. To make matters worse, my kid just updated the SYSNAND yesterday on my regular 3DS and now can not use Gateway:cry:. Luckily I made a backup of the SYSNAND last year and still have the file. I guess I will hard mod it to downgrade to 4.3.

Lost a couple hours of sleep

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
they are both on 4.2 and I now returned the second 3ds (now on 8.1.1 to another completely unrelated walmart for a full refund because 'the person I bought it for as a gift doesn't want it.")
Shortly in Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?:
Hey guys, I dunno understand y my new 3DS is on 8.1.1 and not a 4.x firmware like the serial let think it.

I cross fingers for the 3DS XL that I must receive next week from Amazon.it Warehouse Deals was not motherboard swapped too if the serial is good...

Thanks for the additional input. To make matters worse, my kid just updated the SYSNAND yesterday on my regular 3DS and now can not use Gateway:cry:. Luckily I made a backup of the SYSNAND last year and still have the file. I guess I will hard mod it to downgrade to 4.3.

Lost a couple hours of sleep
Aaah kids. :)
Is it a 3DS or 3DS XL ? The mod seems easier to do on the XL. Fortunately you thought to do the SYNAND backup.
Good luck...

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shortly in Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?:

I cross fingers for the 3DS XL that I must receive next week from Amazon.it Warehouse Deals was not motherboard swapped too if the serial is good...

Aaah kids. :)
Is it a 3DS or 3DS XL ? The mod seems easier to do on the XL. Fortunately you thought to do the SYNAND backup.
Good luck...

I no...hopefully not :( hopefully someone who doesn't care gets it:) also for Anyone in montreal canada there are plenty at the walmarts check the reds one plenty in the sw10XX

yumeneko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys heres my story i have two 3ds xls one problem both my 3ds xls were 8.1.0..and one had a burnt motherboard from a horrible soldering job(done by me) trying to do the nand mod.

So this is where it all starts 7:00 AM, take apart both 3dsxl just to the point where the motherboard is out takes about 7-9 minutes each(extremely easy to do compared to iPhones or any smartphone or tablet). Eat breakfast and at 8:00AM go to Walmart, I was nervous that they wouldn't even have any serial sw12 let alone 2 like my plan intended. So i show up there its a clueless happy lady(score!) i tell her i need a 3ds xl and a certain serial number(I don't tell her what or why)check it out and notice TWO sw10!! Both red and every other model were sw14+ pick one up and go home. I couldn't believe it if everything went according to plan the only other 4.5 3ds inside walmart would also be mine.) Now i quickly take it apart being extra careful to make everything look like it was never touched, still mint i swap in the burnt motherboard, put it back together put it back in the box and I'm already on my way back to walmart.

8:45 I've already returned the burnt 3ds claiming it never worked and its brand new(and obviously all the serials matched because the ONLY PART SWAPPED WAS THE MOTHERBOARD, if your careful it's physically impsossible to tell). everything was apparently in order so its time for my money back from customer service which they do gladly.(i ask for money back and not and exchange so that I have a fresh new bill to get my money back later without having an exchange on my bill already, I then walk straight to the electronics department and make another purchase(the only other sw10 in there)they are both on 4.2 and I now returned the second 3ds (now on 8.1.1 to another completely unrelated walmart for a full refund because 'the person I bought it for as a gift doesn't want it.")

it is 10:50 what a morning sorry for the rant but I feel like only you guys would even slightly appreciate the planning I did and time I did it in to not only get TWO 3ds xl 4.5 BRAND NEW(basically just the mobo but still my consoles are mint anyways)but also getting rid of a bricked console worth nothing and all for free all I need was a 200$ float (which may not be a problem for me but isn't viable for everyone)in the end that 200$ is back in your pockets. Basically this whole rant was to say thank god for you guys and your serials or else it would just be a guessing game thank to everyone who ended up unknowingly helping a stranger kudos to you.

TL;DR. I got a 4.5 3DS XL

.... you are such a horrible person, and you are saying you actually believe in God?

Glad that I don't live anywhere near Montreal

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.... you are such a horrible person, and you are saying you actually believe in God?

Glad that I don't live anywhere near Montreal

1) I don't believe in god soo..

2) I'm a horrible person because Nintendo now has a bunch of broken consoles and got some new ones for free? There are pirates on this site like I've never seen before (probably you included) and what I did was wrong:)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

2) I'm a horrible person because Nintendo now has a bunch of broken consoles and got some new ones for free? There are pirates on this site like I've never seen before (probably you included) and what I did was wrong:)

Ps. Their ain't nothin bringing me down today:)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

its all well and good if nintendo or walmart where really the ones out of pocket a few bucks....but there is the person who is hoping to get a 4.x console screwed over...but i suppose you could say they are up to no good anyway, but then even if 2 people buy them not wanting to get a 4.x console but for their child's birthday or something....a few months later it develops a fault....and boom they are out of pocket and nintnedo will tell them to piss off on any warranty claim as its been tampered with imagine the poor crying child with no birthday present so you could get someone else to take the hit for you doing something stupid.....

if your going to do something shitty like this at least make sure you say the item is faulty so they don't sell it to a unsuspecting customer......or better yet man up to your own fuck ups and accept responsibility

PS this isn't me trying to take some moral high ground....i have done something similar in the past but that was to recover from game selling me a xbox that crapped out a few weeks down the line then saying the warranty seal was tampered with even though it wasn't.....so i would say that was more karma in that situation XD

Reactions: Dust2dust

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its all well and good if nintendo or walmart where really the ones out of pocket a few bucks....but there is the person who is hoping to get a 4.x console screwed over...but i suppose you could say they are up to no good anyway, but then even if 2 people buy them not wanting to get a 4.x console but for their child's birthday or something....a few months later it develops a fault....and boom they are out of pocket and nintnedo will tell them to piss off on any warranty claim as its been tampered with imagine the poor crying child with no birthday present so you could get someone else to take the hit for you doing something stupid.....

if your going to do something shitty like this at least make sure you say the item is faulty so they don't sell it to a unsuspecting customer......or better yet man up to your own fuck ups and accept responsibility

PS this isn't me trying to take some moral high ground....i have done something similar in the past but that was to recover from game selling me a xbox that crapped out a few weeks down the line then saying the warranty seal was tampered with even though it wasn't.....so i would say that was more karma in that situation XD

Your right obviously but I'm not really morally hurt by this anyways lol, also the system does not look tampered with at all Nintendo along with anyone else trying to look would never know walmart is the only looser in this situation them and the one person who might hope for 4.5 3ds and get a higher one..like I said hopefully they don't specifically want that

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your right obviously but I'm not really morally hurt by this anyways lol, also the system does not look tampered with at all Nintendo along with anyone else trying to look would never know walmart is the only looser in this situation them and the one person who might hope for 4.5 3ds and get a higher one..like I said hopefully they don't specifically want that
yeah i know, im not trying to be all high and mighty im just saying in future maybe just say its a bit "funny" i.e shuts itself down after a few hours and wont turn on(something they couldn't reasonably check there and then).....so then at least it doesnt get resold to someone else, also despite it not looking tampered on the outside the serial number would be checked by nintendo if they send it in for warranty for anything, so as long as it goes faulty in the first few weeks walmart would likely just replace....but a few months down the line and it would be a warranty job at which point it would likely fail its warranty and the new owner would have to pay for the repair or have to accept it back faulty.....in which case only the new owner looses

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i know, im not trying to be all high and mighty im just saying in future maybe just say its a bit "funny" i.e shuts itself down after a few hours and wont turn on(something they couldn't reasonably check there and then).....so then at least it doesnt get resold to someone else, also despite it not looking tampered on the outside the serial number would be checked by nintendo if they send it in for warranty for anything, so as long as it goes faulty in the first few weeks walmart would likely just replace....but a few months down the line and it would be a warranty job at which point it would likely fail its warranty and the new owner would have to pay for the repair or have to accept it back faulty.....in which case only the new owner looses
Your right and noted. Also from reading your posts i noticed your a hardware guy can i bother you with one question? are the serial numbers written anywhere on the motherboard I thought it woulda have been untraceable since the only piece i swapped were the motherboards. (However the one i put in was light green and the one I took was darker green

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just received my package from Amazon.it Warehouse deals... That was a refurbished grey 3DS XL 6.1.
I wished too much for an only little damaged box, but this is not the case. This one was updated or shell swapped, even if the serial was good.

I try again with a brand new blue 3DS XL from Amazon.it, I cross my fingers...

Ah... so... why Amazon.it ? Because this the last place in EU where I found the machine for 150€ and below (185 to 200€ elsewhere)
If you have a better deal, I take it. ;)

Reactions: playDS3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...