Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

boxer29

Trophies
XP
Country
Bought a pink 3DS XL from HMV (UK)
Copyright2013
Serial SUH1036
Firmware V4.5.0-10E
Now where to get authentic gateway cart for this
Any site you recommend in UK
Last time I ordered from the gamerdepot.com( dstwo) , it's a usa site
Any other UK credible site or any site you remember which sells original cart
Thanks

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bought a pink 3DS XL from HMV (UK)
Copyright2013
Serial SUH1036
Firmware V4.5.0-10E
Now where to get authentic gateway cart for this
Any site you recommend in UK
Last time I ordered from the gamerdepot.com( dstwo) , it's a usa site
Any other UK credible site or any site you remember which sells original cart
Thanks
I read GamingAori recommanded playmods.co.uk.
This is an official reseller : http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers

http://gbatemp.net/threads/getting-started-with-3ds-4-5.371309/#post-5097985

playDS3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks to all for the effort in putting the spreadsheet together, it was really helpful!
I went for a silver XL console from a major discounter for consumer electronics in germany (Saturn) and also ordered a icewhite small 3DS Mario 3D Land bundle and was lucky with both of them! There should also be some 3DS XL bundles with mario 3d land left on ebay germany, which have a pretty good chance to be <4.5.
And one least interesting tip for the german people, Real (which is maybe a small version of walmart) has lots of old consoles in all colors (red, blue, white) with fitting serials. Confirmed firmware version on two of them. Only downside is the price at 199€.

Here my contribution to the spreadsheet (have no google account to update myself):

3DS XL
silver/black, copyright 2012
version 4.40-10E
S/N: SEF1107XXXXXX

3DS XL
black, copyright 2013
version 6.2
S/N: SEH1212XXXXXX

Reactions: EMegamanu

Beccas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I just want to confirm. Red/Black and Blue/Black 3DS XLs with the serial SW10 are Gateway compatible right (I mean brand new in box and never used ones)? They all should have version 4.1-4.5 (not lower or higher)?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I just want to confirm. Red/Black and Blue/Black 3DS XLs with the serial SW10 are Gateway compatible right (I mean brand new in box and never used ones)? They all should have version 4.1-4.5 (not lower or higher)?
Yup

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an advice,if you want 4.5 3DS get it now many retailers will drop the price of the 3DS/XL to clear more space
for the New 3DS and in few months you'll be forced to buy overpriced systems from ebay.

Beccas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is considered overpriced from eBay? And where do you think one can find these low firmware versions at a discount? Just wondering. And thanks a bunch 4gionz. Do you have an idea what software version it will be on though? And is there much of a difference between version v4.1 and 4.5? Especially if one only plans to use updated EmuNAND?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is considered overpriced from eBay? And where do you think one can find these low firmware versions at a discount? Just wondering. And thanks a bunch 4gionz. Do you have an idea what software version it will be on though? And is there much of a difference between version v4.1 and 4.5? Especially if one only plans to use updated EmuNAND?
There is literally no diffrence if you want a gateway, and the software version will depend but I'm guessing around 4.1-4.2

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It posted days ago on Neogaf,3DS XL will drop from 200$ to 170$ and 2DS to 99$ (ESRB not a store deals like target's)
right now you can get new XL 4.5 for reasonable price around 220$ from ebay

Rainy456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I have a question, what version did latest(BRAND NEW) 3DS consoles ship with?
I am looking at a Brand New White 3DS. Not sure if I should risk and buy it.

Aqua Blue and Flame red 3ds have a really high chance for frimware under 4.5 as they where stopped by manufacturer in 2012 (Japan and Usa) and the 5.0 firmware was released 2013 .
i don't know about the white 3ds sorry , also i can give you a site that sells 3ds xls with 4.4 firmware .

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aqua Blue and Flame red 3ds have a really high chance for frimware under 4.5 as they where stopped by manufacturer in 2012 (Japan and Usa) and the 5.0 firmware was released 2013 .
i don't know about the white 3ds sorry , also i can give you a site that sells 3ds xls with 4.4 firmware .

Already confirmed with the seller :)
It was below 4.5 Thanks for the reply though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course