Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

crispyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a 3DSXL Mario and Luigi Dreamteam bundle used from ebay. I was kind of sceptacle, but the screenshot showed 4.5U. Is it possible for this bundle to have a 4.X firmware?

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the 3DS LL Tomodachi Collection (the japanese model) come with 4.5 firmware if bought new?
Possibly, because the console was announced before the 5.0 firmware (March 12, 2013 vs March 25, 2013) and the game needs 4.5J firmware.
But risky, because this model was released after the 5.0 firmware in same time of the game (April 18, 2013)... so not sure.

Beware of the "new" statement, it is better to ask directly to the vendor.
I bought a "brand new" 3DS LL Lizardon Limited Edition on eBay, but it was not. The firmware was a 6.X and I found on the SD card 3 monthes of screenshot from Tomodachi Collection...

1 http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_LL/XL_colors , search for "Tomodachi Collection-Themed"
2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_system_software#Version_5
3 http://3ds.essh.co/ , search for Tomodachi Collection

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just purchased a 3DSXL Mario and Luigi Dreamteam bundle used from ebay. I was kind of sceptacle, but the screenshot showed 4.5U. Is it possible for this bundle to have a 4.X firmware?

Released the Dec. 2, 2013, and the game need at least 5.1U firmware.
So, I think not... unless it is a shell swapped machine.

Thank you. Which others japanese models have the 4.5 version for sure then? I know the Super Robot Taisen is one of them.

Check the releases dates and this topic.

For the Tomodachi Collection pack, the answer was here since the beginning. ;)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/page-59#post-4972636

Reactions: brassica

crispyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input. That's what I thought because I remember shopping around crazy for a bundle with lower firmware for my kids Christmas present. I guess I will double check with the seller. Either way, I'm keeping this for myself once I check all functions are working accordingly.

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm the following model can be found on 4.5 or lower:

- Serial: SUH1013XXXX X
- FW: 4.3.0-9E
- Copyright: 2010 - 2011
- Colour: Red & Black
- Model: 3DS XL

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah yeah I saw that but mine is 1013 rather than 1031 and it's 4.3.0 rather than 4.4.0. Not that it makes a big difference I don't think ;)

Maybe this machine was updated to 4.3 by its previous owner. ;)

Otherwise, you can look in some shops if you find the right model.
In France, this summer, I found lot of 4.5 and lower 3DS XL on the stores shelves.

But I am convinced this is the last opportunities to get these:
- somes stores did not have stock left or try to clear it with some discounts :s
- one store, removed all serial stickers on the Black/Red 3DS XL. When I visited this one few days earlier, this was the only color with a uncertainly of greater firmware than 4.5. Black/Blue and Black 3DS XL still had their stickers. And the Black/Grey were prompty out of stock. Maybe I should not have speak with the sellers about the serial and firmware version. ^^;

Kumiko_Fuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if an EU 3DS with SEH1156 has 4.5 firmware? It's the european 2013 pink 3DS XL which I've seen in some places has 4.5-10, but the serial number makes me worry.

There's also another identical 3DS (same model and colour) but with SEH119. And a black/blue with SEF120, that I think for sure isn't compatible. These are all found in the same store, Portugal.

Kumiko_Fuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found another one, it's the Luigi bundle, the white 3DS XL with green patterns. Unfortunately, I cannot know the serial of this one. Anyone know if the European version of this bundle has compatible firmware?

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found another one, it's the Luigi bundle, the white 3DS XL with green patterns. Unfortunately, I cannot know the serial of this one. Anyone know if the European version of this bundle has compatible firmware?
The Luigi 30th Anniversary Limited Edition ?

Please read what I wrote about the "Mario and Luigi Dreamteam" game few posts upper.

Kumiko_Fuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please read what I wrote about the "Mario and Luigi Dreamteam" game few posts upper.
Yes, it's the 30th anniversary one. From reading around, I think it had 6.xx firmware, but I wanted to be sure. Guess the pink SEH1156xx one is my best bet, but since the store has terrible return policies, I'm rather nervous about getting it.

Kumiko_Fuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The "if it's not broken, why do you want to return it" policy. Being a small store they are rather picky about that, believe or not.
I will give it a try on saturday though, see if they can at least open them up for me and let me boot them up. Even if they aren't compatible, it'd be nice to add to the spreadsheet, since the EU area between 1154xx and 116xxx is so unconfirmed. Otherwise I'll have to buy one, open it outside the store and try to return it by making some noise, which is not anyone's idea of a fun time.

crispyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the input. That's what I thought because I remember shopping around crazy for a bundle with lower firmware for my kids Christmas present. I guess I will double check with the seller. Either way, I'm keeping this for myself once I check all functions are working accordingly.

Just an update. I received the unit today. It definitely shows 4.5U. Unfortunately, it may have been re-shelled. I see all the the visible screws were loosened/tightened. I tried a retail copy of Paper Mario Sticker Stars and it doesn't detect the cartridge most of the time. It's the same thing with my R4I DS card. The cartridge requires a little more effort to get it in.

Going to contact the seller for a refund.

Argh!

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just an update. I received the unit today. It definitely shows 4.5U. Unfortunately, it may have been re-shelled. I see all the the visible screws were loosened/tightened. I tried a retail copy of Paper Mario Sticker Stars and it doesn't detect the cartridge most of the time. It's the same thing with my R4I DS card. The cartridge requires a little more effort to get it in.

Going to contact the seller for a refund.

Argh!
Can you try to open it and check if the serial number is the same on the motherboard and on the shell ?

Edit: Just checked some pictures on Google Image... and I am not sure anymore the same serial was printed on the motherboard. So, just forget it. :x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1