Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

huaba44

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

yumeneko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i've been looking for 3DS XL with serial number starting iwth SW10-12 but with no luck ...(I am from Canada). Will prob get it from ebay, but I read on the first page that there are "some" contradiction that someone bought a SW127xxxxx 3DS but it's still higher than 4.5 firmware. If I am buying from ebay it will be impossible to return.... so I am just wondering, if there's anyone else who bought one with serial number SW12XXX but came with higher firmware

(Or if anyone know where I can still get an older firmware 3DS XL around Toronto aera)

thanks!!

Beccas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I want to ask for your opinions. I already have a Gateway abled 3ds XL but I want to know if it is wise to get another Though money is an issue for me, I can get one brand new for a reasonable price. I am thinking about getting it as a backup (though I treat my stuff with much care) or keeping it sealed and sell it back a little later as these seem to be getting rarer. Do let me know what you guys think. Would you get a second one if you get it for a reasonable price?

zakarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I want to ask for your opinions. I already have a Gateway abled 3ds XL but I want to know if it is wise to get another Though money is an issue for me, I can get one brand new for a reasonable price. I am thinking about getting it as a backup (though I treat my stuff with much care) or keeping it sealed and sell it back a little later as these seem to be getting rarer. Do let me know what you guys think. Would you get a second one if you get it for a reasonable price?
If you end up selling it, come to me in two months, my 15th birthday is coming up!

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this forum have a classified section? Or (if it's not against the rules), does anyone know of a forum with one for like minded people? I have a friend who refurbishes consoles, mainly 3ds's. In the last week he's had 6 x 3ds's, 3 of them were XL and 2 of those were FW 4.4 and 4.5

They're hard enough to find as it is so thought I'd ask. Also, What would be considered a decent price?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does this forum have a classified section? Or (if it's not against the rules), does anyone know of a forum with one for like minded people? I have a friend who refurbishes consoles, mainly 3ds's. In the last week he's had 6 x 3ds's, 3 of them were XL and 2 of those were FW 4.4 and 4.5

They're hard enough to find as it is so thought I'd ask. Also, What would be considered a decent price?

there is a selling section but i think you need enough posts on the forum to use is (50i think)

he could try gumtree....tbh i would just sell them for maybe around the usual second hand price, they aren't really rare enough atm to be expecting to make a killing in profit on them, so for a XL i would guess around £130 ish and they should sell fairly quick, if you don't mind waiting a little while to shift them you might get £150....but anything more and people would be more likely to just source their own 4.x console

also just look into systems being partially updated, sometimes they can appear to be 4.x but they have been partially updated, although its rare you probably don't want people coming back like WTF this doesn't work

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok fair enough, thanks :)

I kept one of the first ones for myself so just waiting for my gateway to arrive, although I'm getting impatient with Teensy right now

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I did NOT know that?! I would have had it for nearly a week already if I picked it up, haha. I'll e-mail them again and see if I can collect. Their company details online say they're in Cyprus so that doesn't help me, ha

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I did NOT know that?! I would have had it for nearly a week already if I picked it up, haha. I'll e-mail them again and see if I can collect. Their company details online say they're in Cyprus so that doesn't help me, ha

I was getting really annoyed with Teensy as well. Not replying to my email and my order still says processing under my account details. But thankfully it arrived this morning, 5 days after I ordered it. In all likelihood you'll get it, it might not be immediate but you should still receive it eventually.

Oh forgot to add: they didn't even send me a tracking number or dispatch confirmation, it just showed up in the post.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah but the postage tracking i got said it was posted from town, i did originally ask if it would be picked up but they said it has to be posted...presumable for privacy and to protect against claims of people not receiving it....pretty sure they originally had liverpool posted on their site(which is why i asked in the first place)....maybe they aren't posting from the uk no more, or they are just keeping it secret lol

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. There have been no reports of the Mario Kart 7 bundle being above 4.5. These bundles are limited edition and were released before 5.0 came out.
Though I do understand if you want a second opinion on this. *looks at other people to confirm/deny this*

I bought one MK7 Blue 3DS XL and made other friends buy one too, we bought 3 in total and all came with 4.3.

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah right. Fingers crossed for the postman then. I ordered Friday late afternoon so hopefully I'll see something soon. Same here with replies though, nothing from the contact form, e-mail or FB message. Customer service leave much to be desired!
Even if they replied and said it was out of stock, I could get a refund and order from somewhere else who could post today for delivery tomorrow. Hate silence though!

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah right. Fingers crossed for the postman then. I ordered Friday late afternoon so hopefully I'll see something soon. Same here with replies though, nothing from the contact form, e-mail or FB message. Customer service leave much to be desired!
Even if they replied and said it was out of stock, I could get a refund and order from somewhere else who could post today for delivery tomorrow. Hate silence though!

Yep it's incredibly annoying and kind of leaves you in limbo, I had the same thought process myself. I ordered mine on Sunday evening and got it today so there's still hope for you!

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And as I'm sitting here, mouthing off, I get a message from my other half at home to say a package has came. It's Gateway... Result!

I have a few noob questions before I run home to try it later... How many sd cards does it need? I bought a 32gb microsd for the games, but the instructions aren't exactly clear on what else you need. I THINK you need another standard sd for inside the ds (which I'll use the one already in the ds), and maybe another micro one... Is that right?

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And as I'm sitting here, mouthing off, I get a message from my other half at home to say a package has came. It's Gateway... Result!

I have a few noob questions before I run home to try it later... How many sd cards does it need? I bought a 32gb microsd for the games, but the instructions aren't exactly clear on what else you need. I THINK you need another standard sd for inside the ds (which I'll use the one already in the ds), and maybe another micro one... Is that right?

Yeah I'm setting mine up tonight, I think you should have 2 Micro-SDs as well as the standard SD inside the 3DS. I don't think it's mission critical to have 2 Micro's, but I ordered two just incase, still waiting for them to come haha!

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, that came ages ago for me so I'm good to go now I think!
I probably have a spare micro lying around here somewhere so I'll just use that. I can't imagine it needs to be too big. I seen on one site it said it needs to be 16gb. I doubt that like

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you can just use the same micro SD in both cards if you leave it formatted as fat32 rather than exfat........but really any old micro SD will do for the blue card, the blue card files are like 2mb or something, you only need a bigger card if you intend to use the blue card for playing nds games too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here