Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

vSnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes. There have been no reports of the Mario Kart 7 bundle being above 4.5. These bundles are limited edition and were released before 5.0 came out.
Though I do understand if you want a second opinion on this. *looks at other people to confirm/deny this*
Thanks, and yeah it would be great if someone else can confirm this.

huaba44

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bought a Nintendo 3DS XL Black on amazon.de (German Webpage) -
The serial number is SEH12162385 0
Firmware version 6.2xx.
Copyright 2013

-> going to send it back. I could also see that someone else had unpacked the package before me.
Regards from Austria

ScarletSpear

Trophies
XP
Country
I got pretty lucky after watching some ebay auctions and got a white 3DS XL for £115 which was in really good condition. There were a few on there and they would show the firmware version in the screens so it worked our for me. I guess that is been said though and most people would use ebay and amazon as their first port of call.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bought a Nintendo 3DS XL Black on amazon.de (German Webpage) - The Serial number starts with SEH112xxxxxx - Firmware version 6.2xx. Copyright 2013. €175
-> going to send it back. I could also see that someone else had unpacked the package before me.
Regards from Austria

You were purchasing a 3DS XL on amazon.de these days and also were expecting to get a GW compatible? :wtf: How old are you? You can't be serious...

The package was opened before by someone else? No wonder, if people like you are acting so damn stupid. :rolleyes:

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. There have been no reports of the Mario Kart 7 bundle being above 4.5. These bundles are limited edition and were released before 5.0 came out.
Though I do understand if you want a second opinion on this. *looks at other people to confirm/deny this*

I would love confirmation of this.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You were purchasing a 3DS XL on amazon.de these days and also were expecting to get a GW compatible? :wtf: How old are you? You can't be serious...

The package was opened before by someone else? No wonder, if people like you are acting so damn stupid. :rolleyes:
Just for the record... Insulting someone like that doesn't make you come off all the more mature.

huaba44

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Wow, people here are very friendly. How should I now what FW is installed on the 3DS XL? I couldn't find the number on the Excel sheet, so I wrote it down here.

HOPEdieFAST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3DSXL
SEF1054
copyright 2012
FW 4.2.0-9E
Black/Gray
Country Italy
10269379_10204607787142852_7199216570956753926_n.jpg

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a guy claiming he has a SUF1010***** Red/Black 3DS XL, but I've never seen anyone mention a serial number so low.

How legit do you think this is? Are 3DS XLs with this serial number unheard of?

He doesn't want to send an image because he thinks "only the owner should see it" and I haven't bought it yet. Which is fair enough, but still... makes me reluctant. I said he could blank out the other numbers in the image besides the SUF1010... but let's see what he responds with.

This is an eBay seller, BTW, with fantastic feedback.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've got a guy claiming he has a SUF1010***** Red/Black 3DS XL, but I've never seen anyone mention a serial number so low.

How legit do you think this is? Are 3DS XLs with this serial number unheard of?

He doesn't want to send an image because he thinks "only the owner should see it" and I haven't bought it yet. Which is fair enough, but still... makes me reluctant. I said he could blank out the other numbers in the image besides the SUF1010... but let's see what he responds with.

This is an eBay seller, BTW, with fantastic feedback.

my XL is SUF1017....so its probably legit, the point of this thread is to find the highest possible serial, anything lower should be fine...people usually only post if it was higher than the recommended serial or close enough to just confirm the higher reports to a degree

Reactions: YamiWheeler

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
my XL is SUF1017....so its probably legit, the point of this thread is to find the highest possible serial, anything lower should be fine...people usually only post if it was higher than the recommended serial or close enough to just confirm the higher reports to a degree

Thank you very much for the clarification. :)

Oh, I'm guessing it's going to be way below 4.1 then... Is Luigi's Mansion still the best way to bring up the firmware into Gateway range?

I'll ask in the 3DS Noobs thread.

huaba44

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, now I purchased a 3DS XL at Saturn in Austria.

Red/Black
SEH1034xxx
Copyright 2011
FW 4.2.0-9E

There were more than 10 devices left, which had a Serial-Number <= SEH1135 (afaik this is the greatest Serial-Number with a Firmware <= 4.5)

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I saw a normal Nintendo 3DS (Not XL!) snow-white (without mario) in Saturn.

I think the Copyright was 2012 or 2013.. Is it save to buy it?

Thanks in advance :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd264w_qMWA