Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Where did you get this information? According to the wiki page "Having a Nintendo Serial Number <= SW12xxxxxx x in North America" is guaranteed firmware <= 4.5.0.
its in the wiki, i quoted it above, it may indeed be that all sw12xxxx have 4.x or lower, but untill someone gets hold of sw1299999999 and confirms its 4.x we can only go off the highest known value

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
So, as I mentioned earlier, I want to buy a Black 3DS XL, bundled with Lego City. But my parents and I have some qualms about the purchase, because we can't go and see the console ourselves. So, what are the chances of a Black 3DS XL being on firmware higher than 4.5 ?

KristianKenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So, as I mentioned earlier, I want to buy a Black 3DS XL, bundled with Lego City. But my parents and I have some qualms about the purchase, because we can't go and see the console ourselves. So, what are the chances of a Black 3DS XL being on firmware higher than 4.5 ?

No Black 3DS XL is 4.5 or below for they are released in 2013. You should be looking for a 2012 release with serial number SW127 and below

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece

KristianKenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I see.... I'll be extra careful then. I contacted the store via mail, asking them if they could check the serials before sending the order, and they phoned me. Unfortunately I wasn't home and now I am waiting them to call me again.

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Guys! I need help asap again :P This time is more crucial though. So, I found 3 Pink 3DS XL, with these serials: SEH11455xxxx, SEH11405xxxx, SEH11396xxxx. All with copyright 2013. So what are my chances? (Europe btw) I have seen in the files that a pink with SEH1146xxxx was alright. Does that mean these, which have lower serials, will be allright? I would appreciate a fast response. Thanks in advance

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Mylink5 the wiki says "SEx1153xxxx x or SUx1035xxxx x" for european consoles so the ones you listed 'should' be good even with copyright 2013.

Pancakophile

Trophies
XP
Country
France

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
So, should I go for it?

No one here can say with 100% certainty if the 3ds XL you buy will be a firmware below 4.5, the best you can do is check out
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VlFZVnN6RUpWbERIcHdYRFR6MUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

But remember even this list might not be 100%, they could be some cases where someone bought one updated it and returned it to the shop, you never know....
It should be safe... But that's all anyone can say

Hi, is there any chance for a "regular" pink 3DS to work? Any record? For example this one:http://www.amazon.fr/Console-Ninten...X5ZM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407193247&sr=8-4
I've seen people talk about the pink 3DS XL as being on firmware 4.2-4.5 as well, but since I'm not too keen on XL models, I might as well ask for the "older" models.
Thanks to anyone who's going to reply!

Well this would be a gamble indeed, if you want to play safer then look for a NEW 3ds on ebay and email the seller and ask for the serial number, then you can look at the list above to see if its under 4.5. That's what I did.

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, someone returning it and the store selling it, is out of the question, so from what I found and what you said, I think I should be fine... Well, ofc you can never be sure.... I'll let you know as soon as I purchase it.

Pancakophile

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you noki@. The prices on eBay are higher than on Amazon which is why I looked there at first, also in my memory we can send back said products for any reason so long as it hasn't been opened without having to pay shipping fees on Amazon. I tried looking in stores yesterday and today but all of them were higher serial #s than those listed in the document *sigh*
But I will take a look on eBay for new ones and ask seller(s) for serial number, colour is *optional* meaning it can also be a white or black one (just no blue etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9