Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
mmmmmmm thanks man for your information

I will say to the seller if i can Checking the last update

thanks again :rolleyes:

Hey I was looking a gameshop in a shopping mall yesterday and I found a 3DS XL Red mario kart bundle that has a series number of SS10xxx as well. (Mine was SG/MY Version)
Didn't dare to buy it and the seller wouldn't let me check the firmware (obviously because it would break the seal and all)

If you happen to have any updates of it that would be nice :)

On a side note, I found a pink/white 3DS XL with sw14xx as well. Anyone can estimate the firmware version?
(If gateway is going to support 6.3x soon then perhaps I might get it >_>)

Kind of hard to find a firmware that is 4.5 and below in my country x.x (Singapore)

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bought a Pink 3DS XL as well :)
Serial Number: SW1274XXXXX
Firmware: V4.5.0-10 (can't rmb alphabet)

Hehe ^^ I was really lucky not to get conned though. I bought it from a shady place lol. So much just to get an outdated Pink 3DS XL.

I just need to be really careful not to unintentionally update the firmware now:(

GrabitHot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello community.

Had some trouble finding mine. Found a red xl 3ds at a retail store with a sw12xxx... but I noticed it wasn't sealed. Bought it anyway but it came with version 7.0 or something. Returned it. Gamestop says they open all they have and update them, which is what I think they did to the one I bought at the retail store. Found a black/blue at Toys R us with sw125xxx... sealed. It came with version 4.4

I thought I would never find one, but I did.

Honestly, I'll still buy the 3ds games I want even though I plan on purchasing a flash card.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tbh I think the "we open them to update them" is just a excuse for when they try to resell one that got returned......or the staff just play them in their breaks.......it's very unlikely they would open their entire inventory of 3ds's and manually update all of them

SexySteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Managed to buy a blue and black which has firmware version 4.4.0.10E with a serial starting with SEH1121 here in the Netherlands. There is still one more at the Bart Smit shop in Leiden(vijfmeiplein) if anyone is interested.

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, does anyone know if the blue/black 3ds XL + MK7 bundle(that was released back in December '12) is okay to get? I know a site that sells them new for super cheap and I wanted to be sure.

I know apparently ©2012 doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be on one of the lower ones(?) but I figure a temporary(?) bundle should be okay if it's still new?

Sorry if someone brought this up but there's a good amount of pages now, ha.

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found a guy selling a new 3ds xl blue with the serial SW123. Sure enough it was 4.4 and it only cost 150. apparently he has more too.

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally found a Red / Black 3DS XL for $160 AUS. Messaged the eBay seller about the firmware and confirmed for 4.5.0-8e!

Not bad :)

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Around Metro Detroit area? Cause i just contacted a guy from craigslist lol.
I think after you bought it he hiked the price saying oh you want to mod it? blah blah.
I could tell he didnt really know what he was talking about but he knew theyre worth more now haha.

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya that might have been my fault. You can always tell him they go for $170 on ebay and here's what I offer blah blah. But he was grilling me on why I wanted that firmware. So I just told him.

Minh

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a Black/blue XL from Amazon. The sealed box said Copyrighted 2012 but it is a 6.2.0-u12 inside. Bummer. Anyone can point me to a good ebay seller with 4.5fw XL? Many thanks!

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey I was looking a gameshop in a shopping mall yesterday and I found a 3DS XL Red mario kart bundle that has a series number of SS10xxx as well. (Mine was SG/MY Version)
Didn't dare to buy it and the seller wouldn't let me check the firmware (obviously because it would break the seal and all)

If you happen to have any updates of it that would be nice :)

On a side note, I found a pink/white 3DS XL with sw14xx as well. Anyone can estimate the firmware version?
(If gateway is going to support 6.3x soon then perhaps I might get it >_>)

Kind of hard to find a firmware that is 4.5 and below in my country x.x (Singapore)
The pink one is guaranteed to be not 4.5 or below.

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The pink one is guaranteed to be not 4.5 or below.

Haha yep! I could guess so :)

I actually found another Pink/White with a serial no. of SW1274XXXX.
It came with a 4.5 firmware.

I just got a Black/blue XL from Amazon. The sealed box said Copyrighted 2012 but it is a 6.2.0-u12 inside. Bummer. Anyone can point me to a good ebay seller with 4.5fw XL? Many thanks!

Don't use the copyright as an indication.
Use the serial number.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq

Look under 'checking system version' part.

Minh

Trophies
XP
Country

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, does anyone know if the blue/black 3ds XL + MK7 bundle(that was released back in December '12) is okay to get? I know a site that sells them new for super cheap and I wanted to be sure.

I know apparently ©2012 doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be on one of the lower ones(?) but I figure a temporary(?) bundle should be okay if it's still new?

Sorry if someone brought this up but there's a good amount of pages now, ha.

I can't really garuntee anything, but I purchased my Mario Kart 7 bundle new on ebay a few months back, SW1101XXXX and it is 4.3.0-10U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol