Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I had enough money for another XL. I only just paid my first one off and I want to keep that one at current firmware for Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 7 online.

mystril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bought 3DS XL Blue + MarioKart7 Bundle. Firmware 4.4.1.0U

If you need to check firmware just open the box and set up. Set up takes a short while if you skip most of it. Go settings and quickly stealth check your firmware. Sales associate normally do not allow this.

If it's above 4.5 you save yourself the trouble.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought 3DS XL Blue + MarioKart7 Bundle. Firmware 4.4.1.0U

If you need to check firmware just open the box and set up. Set up takes a short while if you skip most of it. Go settings and quickly stealth check your firmware. Sales associate normally do not allow this.

If it's above 4.5 you save yourself the trouble.
Wish I could do that here :(
I'll just check the back of the box and look for a copyright 2012

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone knows what firmware the Shin Megami Tensei IV LL or the Super Robot Taisen UX LL are on? SRT UX was released on March 14, 2013 so I'm hoping it's on 4.5 at least. If nobody knows, does anyone know of any JPN game that can update a White/Black 3ds LL to 4.5?
Gonna have to import a JPN LL to be able to play imports since I don't think anyone is gonna dump the rom for New Love Plus to play on my US 3ds. Unless I can dump JPN backups with my US 3ds? Sorry for so many questions.

i have been looking at the srt ux 3ds ll, and yeah it must come 4.5 or below, since firmware version 5 was not released when the bundle came out :)
the smt bundle might come with 4.5+, since 5.0 came out before this game was released... so, i wouldn't want to risk it :) (-edit. new love plus is dumped so good for you, although, everything will get dumped eventually anyway :) )

3DS LL (Japanese) Monster Hunter 3G bundle comes with firmware 4.3.0-10J.
nice, thanks :)

Reactions: Aeodan

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the copyright thing I'm looking for right?
yussss.png

Gotta make sure before I open it as the store is annoying with refunds

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
seems good :)
-edit. it shouldn't have any 2013 on it at all, so look all over it!
it can have 2013 on the box and yet still be 4.5, but it is a gamble.

Reactions: tjexp

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
seems good :)
-edit. it shouldn't have any 2013 on it at all, so look all over it!
it can have 2013 on the box and yet still be 4.5, but it is a gamble.
I don't see a 2013 anywhere else on the box (It's the red/black 3DS XL) so all is good I guess. I'll open it up once I get the chance

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't see a 2013 anywhere else on the box (It's the red/black 3DS XL) so all is good I guess. I'll open it up once I get the chance
i'm sure it will be what you want :)
although if it is below 4.5 you will have to find a game to update it, haha!

squall121

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guy,

can anyone confirm is the mario kart bundle set (asia version) come with firmware 4.5 or below? Like to confirm this before i buying it.

Thanks.

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guy,

can anyone confirm is the mario kart bundle set (asia version) come with firmware 4.5 or below? Like to confirm this before i buying it.

Thanks.
Hmm, same country.

It's 4.4, how do I know it? I ordered one from a LYN seller myself. New for RM 715 in case you're wondering. :)

Mat xD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The mario kart and mario 3d land bundles are 4.5 and below.
All 3ds and xl with a copyright 2012 (c2012) on the package have 4.5 and below. And even 3ds xl with production date 2013 can have 4.5. I bought my 3ds xl black 2 weeks ago and it was 4.5.
If you buy one just make clear to go to a shop where the 3ds consoles werent sold often. So you an older one.
For the guys in germany, i bought mine at computeruniverse.net. they delivered fast. If my 3ds hadnt 4.5 or below, i would habe sent it back.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You paid $250 for that? That's... pretty high. You could have bought a 3DS XL and MK7 in your local store for less. Or about the same including tax.

Wouldn't have gotten one with that low of firmware in a store - I checked.

I'd have bought a used one, but the last time I bought used electronics I ended up getting screwed over and was out a hundred.

NIB and with the firmware I needed. I ended up paying a bit more then I anticipated, but I didn't want to take the chance on used electronics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: