Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

crayolakidd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to updated my earlier post.
A few weeks ago I asked if anyone could confirm the firmware on the Tomodachi Collection 3ds LL bundle from Japan. Those who answered were CORRECT!!! I'm in the "settings" right now and can confirm it comes with 4.5.0-10J. Thanks so much!!

leeksausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,
Long time reader, first time poster.
Just wanted to contribute, picked up two 3DS XL's in GAME UK, one red, one blue, both with Copyright 2012 - both came with firmware 6+.
Ended up grabbing one in PC World, blue, copyright 2012 - 4.1.0
Also, have ordered that UK Amazon bundle with Mario Kart - Due to arrive on Friday, will post the firmware once i've received.
Leek

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
just went to a few shops (in Europe)
3ds xl black/white -> box 2013
3ds xl grey/red -> box 2012
3ds xl blue -> saw 2012 and 2013 boxes
don't know what's inside tough ...

most shops sealed boxes, but not always

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just went to another Target in Dallas. They had 6 red and 5 blue XLs, all (C) 2012, and I talked a guy into letting me open one of each ("I need to see them to figure out which one my kid wants"). All looked BNIB with seals intact and untampered.

All the reds had serial stickers on the box with SW1209XXXX. The one I opened (and bought) was at 4.4.0-10U. The blues all had serial stickers with SW1231XXXX or SW1232XXXX on the box, and the one I opened was at 6.1.0-12U.

Sorry no pics again. Just not thinking.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought another 3DSXL Silver Copyright 2012 on laybuy atm at Kmart in AUS so hopefully this will be a 4.5 Unit. i bought a RED XL there with the same copyright and it was a 4.4 Unit. Fingers crossed its compatible :)

update can confirm this unit is on 4.4fw with copyright 2012 on the box

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country

anon123857438

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to get the download code but to redeem you need the eshop so not just yet. I take it your gateway bound? if so i'm sure with emunand you can have access to eshop for downloads.

Yeah I intend on using a flash cart, thanks for the quick and informative reply

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Just went to another Target in Dallas. They had 6 red and 5 blue XLs, all (C) 2012, and I talked a guy into letting me open one of each ("I need to see them to figure out which one my kid wants"). All looked BNIB with seals intact and untampered.

All the reds had serial stickers on the box with SW1209XXXX. The one I opened (and bought) was at 4.4.0-10U. The blues all had serial stickers with SW1231XXXX or SW1232XXXX on the box, and the one I opened was at 6.1.0-12U.

Sorry no pics again. Just not thinking.
Thanks for this. It seems that Copyright 2012 on the box is indeed no longer a guarantee that the console will be 4.5 or lower, which is a shame. I guess they're just using old boxes for new consoles.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I intend on using a flash cart, thanks for the quick and informative reply

Found this comment on another forum, not sure where this leaves you if your still on 4.3

Digital version is ok as long as you have linked your Club Nintendo account and your eShop/3DS account BEFORE buying/downloading the game.

anon123857438

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found this comment on another forum, not sure where this leaves you if your still on 4.3

Digital version is ok as long as you have linked your Club Nintendo account and your eShop/3DS account BEFORE buying/downloading the game.

It sounds to me like this is about an if e-shop purchase code (that redeems to club Nintendo) is valid for the promotion and the quote is saying it is only valid if you've linked your 3ds to club Nintendo prior to buying the e-shop game.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds to me like this is about an if e-shop purchase code (that redeems to club Nintendo) is valid for the promotion and the quote is saying it is only valid if you've linked your 3ds to club Nintendo prior to buying the e-shop game.

yep you might be right, im sure someone on gbatemp will chip in with confirmation.

rfs

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Saw a couple of 3DS (non-XL) boxes with copyright 2011 over here. Is it save to say that they come with 4.5 or lower?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?