Where to buy Gateway 3DS in the UK?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mitpat, Feb 24, 2015.

1. mitpat
    OP

mitpat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Anyone know where to get the Gateway 3DS in the UK, new3dscard and playmods are both out of stock. Any recommendations for alternatives?

2. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    try teensy and yeahgeek

mitpat likes this.
  3. mitpat
    OP

mitpat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Thanks for the info, are any of these actually shipping from the UK. From what I've read they all seem to ship from other places (usually china).

Also out of the 2 which would you recommend as being more reliable?

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    satel has bought gateways from yeahgeek and says it's good
    teensy wasn't so good at first, but from what i've heard it's calmed down
    also, a lot of shops ship from china, even new3dscard
    read all of this

mitpat likes this.
  5. MisterJohnson87

MisterJohnson87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    London
    I ordered from Teensy. Tho initially it seemed like a scam I got mine within 7 days

mitpat likes this.
  6. Ramzh

Ramzh I am a living meme

Nov 29, 2014
    31 32 37 2E 30 2E 30 2E 31
    I got 2 of them from Playmods. The first one in 3 days the other in 5

mitpat likes this.
  7. mitpat
    OP

mitpat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015

Thanks for the info, from the reviews section it seems as though playmods is the best, yeahgeeks seems ok (turned off their payments for holidays) and teensy are generally good except for a rough patch they went through. Shipping should take anywhere from a few days to about 2 weeks unless you get caught by a holiday.

8. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    i think playmods is out of stock right now
    also, new3dscard ships from the UK if you are in the UK and if they haven't run out of UK stock
    if not, then be prepared to wait a couple of weeks

9. rickycoe123

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    My order on Teensy has been pending for 10 days now so I do not recommend them at all.

10. iViperz

iViperz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    I recommend Playmods, even though they don't ship from UK. Both my purchases from them have come from Cyprus so it's fairly quick for standard delivery. I waited about a week for each gateway card

EDIT: As MrJason005 said, Playmods is out of stock unfortunately, just did a quick check.
    I had a terrible experience with new3dscard and managed to claim my money back but just be wary of them, though they're probably the only UK based reseller I know of provided they have stock.

ravihpa likes this.
  11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    well 3dsgamerworld.com also have a uk warehouse for uk orders, but as is the case with all uk resellers now days they most likely don't hold much stock at any one time to prevent excessive loss in case of seizures or whatever, so no matter where you order you just have to hope they really do have stock ready to be shipped from the UK, although as they have a constant stream of new stock coming in the usual max wait is 2 weeks but that should only be around holidays, but with it being Chinese new year recently there may of been some stock flow issues for all uk based resellers, but shouldn't be too bad now

12. mitpat
    OP

mitpat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Ordered from yeahgeek, will post back when it arrives

13. mitpat
    OP

mitpat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Just to update everyone, I ordered from yeahgeek and it arrived after 9 days. Service was excellent and payment wasn't taken until the item was sent. Note the charge was $1 more than it said on the website but I was expecting this anyway.

So far the gateway card has worked superbly, I've got my 3ds downgraded to 4.5 and I've got all my games running fine

ravihpa likes this.
  14. renqiang

renqiang Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Ordered from eachmall around 12 days ago. Still waiting for it to come to Ireland but they said it could take like 20 days. I'm in no hurry though as the SD and micro SD I ordered off Ebay (HK seller) on the same day aren't here yet either :)