ROM Hack Where do I get Pokémon Let's go .gfpak files ?

Bliz78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I'm new to all of this so sorry if my questions are dumb. From what I undestand the models ok Pokémon Let's Go can be found in the .gfpak files. However, how do someone get these .gfpak files? Do I need to extract these from .nca files ?

If so then I can't get past this step because I don't have keys. Everyone says you need keys but noone says how to get them. I suppose they are copyrighted so people can't share it. My question is what am I looking for ? Can I get the keys without a console or I must have one ? I've found a link with keys which seems to be related, but since I havent been able to decrypt .nca using HacToolGUI I assume they are outdated or I'm missing something.

Thanks for helping.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some of the keys are console unique so you can‘t use them with another console!
But i don‘t know if the needed one is one of the unique.

And of cause these key‘s are copirighted material so you won‘t find them here and i‘ts very hard to find them on the internet because there is no need to because every user can dump the keys out of their Switch console.

In the tutorial section here on gbatemp forum you find a tutorial how to get the keys dumped from the console.
Or do you not have a switch? And if so why do you need to edit the files? For emulator?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm new to all of this so sorry if my questions are dumb. From what I undestand the models ok Pokémon Let's Go can be found in the .gfpak files. However, how do someone get these .gfpak files? Do I need to extract these from .nca files ?

If so then I can't get past this step because I don't have keys. Everyone says you need keys but noone says how to get them. I suppose they are copyrighted so people can't share it. My question is what am I looking for ? Can I get the keys without a console or I must have one ? I've found a link with keys which seems to be related, but since I havent been able to decrypt .nca using HacToolGUI I assume they are outdated or I'm missing something.

Thanks for helping.
You need common keys for even looking at the NCA files (these are what you probably found as they're floating around everywhere) but for NSP files (digital content) you also need the title key for that specific game in order to extract the contents of its NCA file. That you would either need to dump from your own console (assuming you purchased and installed the game) or from somewhere on the internets. If you have a cartridge you can make an XCI dump and use that instead since the NCA files inside of XCI dumps don't have any title key encryption.

Bliz78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some of the keys are console unique so you can‘t use them with another console!
But i don‘t know if the needed one is one of the unique.

And of cause these key‘s are copirighted material so you won‘t find them here and i‘ts very hard to find them on the internet because there is no need to because every user can dump the keys out of their Switch console.

In the tutorial section here on gbatemp forum you find a tutorial how to get the keys dumped from the console.
Or do you not have a switch? And if so why do you need to edit the files? For emulator?

I've found a set of keys already. Not sure if they works tho.

I came across this tutorial, however I don't have a switch. I have an interest for these files for model ripping. I believe emulator already supports .xci without need for any keys right ?

You need common keys for even looking at the NCA files (these are what you probably found as they're floating around everywhere) but for NSP files (digital content) you also need the title key for that specific game in order to extract the contents of its NCA file. That you would either need to dump from your own console (assuming you purchased and installed the game) or from somewhere on the internets. If you have a cartridge you can make an XCI dump and use that instead since the NCA files inside of XCI dumps don't have any title key encryption.

I already have an .xci dump and from that I was able to have an .nca file using HacTool. So according to what you are saying since I got the .nca from a .xci, I should be able to extract it to find the game files ? I tried to open the .nca (even .xci) using SwitchExplorer, but it says that key files are missing. Should I use another tool ?

Thank you both for your help.

Bliz78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh I got it finally. So I suppose the hactool GUI tools where either broken or outdated (I've found a lot of them not sure why...), so I used hactool cli and it worked.

Thanks again for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Speaking of PC related things that have the number 97 tho...