Hardware Where can I get a capture card?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... so I want to get a N3dsXL and install a capture card myself.... but where do I get one? Looks like the main site is dead now so... help?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You CAN install it yourself, but you have to find one first and all resellers do the installs themselves to jack up prices to ~5-6 times the actual cost for it. Since it's a N3DS, you don't even need a capture card though, NTR streaming and HzMod both work great with most games running almost exactly as if you were using a capture card and they are both free, so why do you want a capture card in this day and age? They are incredibly outdated...

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN install it yourself, but you have to find one first and all resellers do the installs themselves to jack up prices to ~5-6 times the actual cost for it. Since it's a N3DS, you don't even need a capture card though, NTR streaming and HzMod both work great with most games running almost exactly as if you were using a capture card and they are both free, so why do you want a capture card in this day and age? They are incredibly outdated...
I know I can do it wirelessly but my internet is 17Megabits down, 0.70 megabits up and I tried before.... it sucks.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know I can do it wirelessly but my internet is 17Megabits down, 0.70 megabits up and I tried before.... it sucks.
Then your best bet is getting a better internet connection:P A N3DS with capture card now that they don't make those anymore is gonna cost you 700+$ while it's pretty much impossible to find a capture card by itself and only other choice is requesting a special unit pre-installed with a capture card from Nintendo Japan (since they have some meant for news outlets and whatnot). Also, based on your speed, unless you are also doing other stuff, you got more than enough bandwidth for at least 40FPS, possibly 57-60FPS if you get a better connection.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recomend using NTR for soft streaming to pc or whatever newer method there is to do it. Or just use an emulator.
Then your best bet is getting a better internet connection:P A N3DS with capture card now that they don't make those anymore is gonna cost you 700+$ while it's pretty much impossible to find a capture card by itself and only other choice is requesting a special unit pre-installed with a capture card from Nintendo Japan (since they have some meant for news outlets and whatnot). Also, based on your speed, unless you are also doing other stuff, you got more than enough bandwidth for at least 40FPS, possibly 57-60FPS if you get a better connection.
Ok then. Well I guess I need to get a N3DS XL. I used to have one but.... yeah we aren't going to talk about that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3DS capture cards are no longer available in today's market. You're left with either Snickerstream/HzMod/NTR, buying a 3DS/2DS premodded with capture card, or this.
Lol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy. You are far behind. Read the latest update on my blog.
It's unfortunate your siblings are still with them. Don't shed a tear for your mee-maw and gran-pop when they kick the bucket.

If you still have you and your brother's SD cards from the broken n3DSXLs and know of any friends who added+kept your Friend Codes, hit me up with a PM if you want to recover stuff from your Nintendo 3DS folders.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's the speed of your Internet network. Your intranet network speed is only limited by the N3DS's wifi speed, which is the same for all N3DS.
Since this thread was bumped, might as well give a proper answer about the speed. N3DS can only reach 1.4MB/s download speed under optimal conditions while upload is 0.55MB/s, meaning OP's speeds are actually above what's needed for 60FPS with HzMod or similar. Only issue past that may be how well optimized the setup is and also note that you aren't supposed to use 100% quality, but instead ~75% (hardly any difference) since that allows you to stream stable 60FPS while 100% is more for games that run at 30FPS natively (games when you have 3D on for example or pretty much most games, while some run at 30FPS but temporarily jump up to 60FPS at certain points like when navigating menus in Pokemon but when in overworld/battling it's 30FPS).

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this thread was bumped, might as well give a proper answer about the speed. N3DS can only reach 1.4MB/s download speed under optimal conditions while upload is 0.55MB/s, meaning OP's speeds are actually above what's needed for 60FPS with HzMod or similar. Only issue past that may be how well optimized the setup is and also note that you aren't supposed to use 100% quality, but instead ~75% (hardly any difference) since that allows you to stream stable 60FPS while 100% is more for games that run at 30FPS natively (games when you have 3D on for example or pretty much most games, while some run at 30FPS but temporarily jump up to 60FPS at certain points like when navigating menus in Pokemon but when in overworld/battling it's 30FPS).
2 days isn't a bumped thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: