Where can I buy this part? (Picture)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by conspiracy, Nov 28, 2010.

  1. conspiracy

    conspiracy Newbie

    Sep 13, 2009
    I received a couple of nintendo DS consoles and one had a broken part inside.
    Where can I find this part?

    Thanks. Any reply is greatly appreciated.
  2. Trollology

    Trollology Banned

    Nov 25, 2010
    I don't think these come alone.
    You might have to buy a whole new motherboard 0_0
  3. Ringo619

    Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    May 24, 2010
    United States
    agree with the post above me your take it to a shop that repairs gaming consoles' and see what they can do about it
  4. gosub

    gosub Member

    Aug 26, 2010
    United States
    I don't know what that part is.

    It's possible to repair these if there is not more systematic damage. However, there are two challenges first.

    1. Identify the part.
    2. Obtain the part.

    The first one could be tricky. I don't do enough SMD work to recognize it as something obvious or common, but it could be. Most of the parts in most electronics are common shit like caps and standard ICs. Some of them are obfuscated - they're common and can be obtained IF you can figure out what it is. Others are custom, and not something you can reasonably obtain (cost would likely be >> just buying a new DS).

    If you can identify the part and it's not a custom IC, obtaining and fixing it is just a matter of finding someone with the experience to do the job.