Hacking When will I have to update/mod again?

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a Wii the other day and was able to successfully softmod it. I've been hardmodding/softmodding my consoles since the days of the first Playstation but this is the first time I've ever owned, played, or done anything with a Wii. I'm still no expert when it comes to how the hardware and software of the Wii works, but I have a good general knowledge of it now and I'm sure I'll be able to get my head wrapped around it before it's all over.

The main reason I bought a Wii was to play NSMB and there's a couple games my wife wanted to play. I've got a few more titles I want to check out, but I'm more of an Xbox guy and probably won't be doing a huge amount of gaming on the Wii. With that said, I was wondering if and when I will have to do a system update or do any type of changes to my softmod. As far as the Xbox goes, you typically update when a new wave of games come out. If it matters, this Wii will probably never go online. Also, the console currently has system menu 4.1 on it.

The main reason I'm asking is because it seems like so many people have a problem with bricked Wii's, the whole process of modding/updating is kind of scary. At least it's scary until I completely and fully understand exactly what I'm doing and not just following steps in a tutorial.

Thanks for any info.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
you never have to do a OFFICIAL update... however, there are several ways to unofficially update to the latest firmware... however, at this point in time, there is no real need to do so.

"cracked" wii's have no troubles online like the 360's do, as there is no current way for them to check, hence no way to enforce bans...

to be sure you dont brick, just dont do anything stupid, like just installing heaps of wads for no reason, or from other regions or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la