FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either Medabots or Pokemon :P

Inquiring minds have to know- medabots RPG or medabots AX? Or are we going exotic with either Medarot Navi or Shingata Medarot? Apologies if you had not heard of them before and now have to sit knowing there are two (well one and a nice reskin of the game you probably played) medabot RPG franchises on the GBA.
For my money they were not necessarily pokemon games done right but one of the many examples of pokemon games done better than pokemon (of which the GBA had several examples).

Given the somewhat mixed reception of the DS games (I usually say the GBA and DS ones differ like Chess and Wargames differ- both nominally about the same thing but approached from a different mindset/requiring use of different tactics) I am half surprised nobody said advance wars yet.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[user]FAST6191[/user]
You guessed right. Was referring to the RPG one. Tried AX but just didn't like it. Navi is still in my backlog, partially due to the language barrier. Have heard of Shingata but not exactly too keen on playing it, again due to language and graphics being meh. Like you said, Shingata is pretty similar after all, concept wise. And since we are on this topic, how did you find Navi?

Did play the DS ones despite not having an Eng patch. Just too tempting LOL. Made it through with lots of luck. Hated (heck, what am I smoking? I still do!) Gigaphant to the core. Took him down after shitloads of attempts. As a whole, I did enjoy the game.

Really want the 3DS one but my financial position does not permit me to import a console just for the sake of playing a few games (though I have to say I really did consider it). At the risk of derailing the topic, I feel that the graphics used in Medarot 7 was what Pokemon X and Y's graphics should have been like.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My favorite GBA games of all time are the series of Lord of the Rings games EA did for the GBA (Two Towers, Return of the King and Third Age); those of you who love Diablo-clones should try them out.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on Mother 3 and have really enjoyed it so far.

But as for completed favorites, probably between Emerald, Wario Ware (the tilting one), and Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did not really keep up with the DS or any subsequent releases of medabots though I do have to hunt down a copy of Medabots Infinity for the gamecube (GC twilight princess aside it is probably the last GC game I care to have) one of these days.

Yeah the lord of the rings games seemed to have got a fair few fans though I must admit I did enjoy the home console versions quite a bit.
I am mainly back to say one of our members, Farlight, released a nice save file with gamecube linkup content content unlocked for the Return of the King game-
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-return-of-the-king-sav-file-gamecube-content-unlocked.320305/
http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/game-saves/download-lord-of-the-rings-10-f27187.html has a mirror.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a tough one, so I doubt I can choose just one... Excluding ports, it's definitely something between Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and the Mega Man Zero series.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3, hands down.

I choked up when a certain character died. (not saying cause I don't want to spoil anyone lolz)

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to give it to Minish Cap. It was just a Zelda game for a handheld done marvelously, in my opinion. It had a really nice Zelda feel, great music, a rather creative and well-worked theme/plot and the works. May I also mention the awesome sidequests that Kinstone pieces provided. And the graphics were great. I love the sprites and the various scenery. It's a rather short game but it's well built and in a way were none of the main plot becomes too tedious. If you're trying to fuse all Kinstones or collect every figurine that's a different story.

An obvious second place would have to be Pokemon Ruby. Why not Sapphire or Emerald? 1. I don't like Wallace as Champion too much. 2. Team Magma always seemed cooler than Team Aqua.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may come back to this thread and update it, but off of top of my head? Summon Night Swordcraft Story or whatever series, and LOTR series. Thinking about it, despite all the hours I put into the GBA, I don't remember many of the games.

M

MrJmanzor

I really liked pokemon emerald, i just spent so much time in that game.
Even if i still haven't been able to get anywhere near started in the adventure, Zelda: ALTTP looks promising.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello Kitty Happy b-day Pals.
Hamtaro Ham Ham Rescue.
Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak.
Hamtaro Ham Ham Games.
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Prehistorik Man
Planet Monsters.

To name a few.

But my all time favorite is.
Sheep :wub:

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say Yoshi's Island since it's a port of my favorite game of all time, but that would be unfair to the rest of them.

My favorite GBA game would be more like 3, but it would be Pokemon R/S/E. Out of all the Pokemon games I have played, I enjoyed them the most. I loved the gameplay, I felt it was fresh, but still kept to the basic style. I loved the features like the hidden forts and different bikes.
My only complain with the games was it couldn't trade with the older games and didn't have day to night, but those were really minor to me and didn't overshadow just how much fun I had playing them.

Being pokemon games, you really can't finish them unless you play all three, but unlike most pokemon games, Ruby and Sapphire had different stories from each other. They weren't totally different, just some minor changes and two different teams, but it finally made choosing one game over the other more interesting when you played them. Emerald really combined the stories into one story as well, which even made it worth a playthough.

Not to mention those games introduced my favorite Gamecube games of all time, Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD - Gale of Darkness. Which is the main reason I actually bought a Gamecube back in the day and the main reason I keep my Gamecube (I know I can play them on the Wii, but I prefer playing GC games on the GC.)

This.

By far, I am a Pokemon Enthusiast - R/S/E by far is my favorite.

But its a tie between Emerald and Colosseum, but this is about your favorite GBA game so Emerald it is :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries