What's your favorite GBA game?

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My favorite GBA games of all time are the series of Lord of the Rings games EA did for the GBA (Two Towers, Return of the King and Third Age); those of you who love Diablo-clones should try them out.
I recently bought Two Towers and Third Age.
I was really pleasantly surprised at how fun Two Towers actually was.
Really easy controls too.

xtreme78219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have one single, but I loved the first advance wars and pokemon emerald. I found emerald the best out of the pokemon gba games. I never managed to get into firered/leafgreen when they came out, so I just replayed my Blue :P

FlyingEagle93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I bought the gba sp a few months after release but only ever got pokémon games and Harry Potter 3 for it.
I spent hours and hours just on those games (and used it for my gbc games too of course).
Only recently since I started collecting I've played some other games on it like Castlevania, KH, Kuru Kuru Kururin and Mario.
But I've played Golden Sun on an emulator before and to me that was without a doubt the best game for the gba.
Actually I bought the gba sp a few months after release but only ever got pokémon games and Harry Potter 3 for it.
I spent hours and hours just on those games (and used it for my gbc games too of course).
Only recently since I started collecting I've played some other games on it like Castlevania, KH, Kuru Kuru Kururin and Mario.
But I've played Golden Sun on an emulator before and to me that was without a doubt the best game for the gba.

Same here. When I first got the SP, all I got was the Gameboy Advance Pokemon games, and I still played the GBC versions of them. I tried to get into the Yugioh games, but they just kept losing my interest... I just recently purchased the system again, and am getting a few of the pokemon games as well. It is amazing that as old as the game system is I cant seem to find a cheap Pokemon game lol... The games in my area are ranged from 35 - 40 dollars lol... looks like Im shopping on Ebay for them lol... I currently have Sapphire for the emulator VBA.exe, so that is keeping me busy. I got the game for it for the SP but I like the bigger monitor screen so it works so thats what Im doing right now, plus with more than 2 months invested into the rom file, I really dont want to start all over lol...

FlyingEagle93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now my current Library consists of the pokemon games, but I mostly only use the vba emulation for my gaming, even though I have the SP, the vba emulation is so much simpler and plus with a nice monitor, and a 360 controller it is like playing on a console lol... I wish there was a way to play pokemon (like sapphire emerald etc... not cards) online. I know they use to have this one site but last I heard it was down. Anyone know of anything going around online like that?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is a hard question to answer.

I bought my first GBA games before even buying the GBA itself, so I have a special attachment to Rayman Advance and THPS:2, even though in retrospect they're probably not all that good of games.

I'm such a sucker for Tetris Attack that I must admit my favorite GBA game is the "Puzzle League & Dr. Mario" one. Never played the Dr. Mario half of it.

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ones I played more than any other were:

1) All the Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed, Emerald
2) Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
3) Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
4) Super Mario World
5) Metroid Fusion
6) Namco Museum

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to choose a single favorite GBA game is pretty tough. There are just too many great GBA games........I can't single-out any one and call it my favorite.

The action platformer games rocked. A fair amount of shmups (retail and homebrew/emu) were loads of fun. Plenty of fighting games, etc.
I'm sure you get my point. Too many games/genre's to narrow down to one title. At best, I'd have to create a list of my top 3, per genre.

tumblr_m9kcrh8xdo1rrq8zn.gif

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played too many yet, but Metroid Fusion was one of the better ones I used to own. Final Fantasy Tactics was another. I'm looking forward to playing Mother 3 though. I pre-ordered Earthbound back in the day and I played it so much during it's first 2 or 3 years. I miss those memories. I'm getting my EZ-Flash IV in a day or two so I'm going to load up on some of your guys favorites to try.

kk360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say the megaman battle network series.

It's a funny story how I got into them in the first place. I was probably around 12, I had recently acquired megaman 64 and it was one of my favorite games. I played it to death, looking through every nook and cranny trying to find everything. So the holidays came along and I wanted a new gba game, saw mmbn2 behind the glass at the local walmart. I knew straight away that's what I wanted.

Christmas came, I was stoked to open up my gifts including mmbn2. I was really impressed by it because at the time I didn't really own many games and the gba was my first handheld. I played it for a bit, quickly realizing that the only thing megaman 64 and megaman bbn share are the title. I thought the game was hard, go into the first boss level and never made it through. I didn't pick up the game for a while after that.

A few months later, I popped the game into my gba slot and started playing for a bit, I made it to the first boss and beat him. Then, a plot point dropped, and I played the game like hell all day and I remember making my way up to shadowman. I started getting better at the game and though frustrating the puzzles kept me entertained.

From that point on, I never looked back, I own them all 1 to 6. The story, the gameplay, the characters, it's just a really good series, I even love the shittier installments like 4 and 5.

Oh and of course, my favorite in the series will forever be battle network 2.

Jack in megaman, power up!

TheJeweler

Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed Hajime no Ippo the Fighting I found pretty fun theres also Wade Hixton's Counter Punch and I also enjoyed Circle of the moon as well as Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics

Reactions: DS1

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Erm...This is a tough question. I have a handful of games I absolutely love on the GBA, like Sonic Advance, Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Red Rescue Team, DBZ Buus Fury, and oh gosh, just everything on that console. <3

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario World was my favorite, but since its a remake, Ill say a tie between SuperStar Saga and Gunstar Heroes. Gunstar was really underrated if you ask me, that game has to be one of the most advanced shoot'em ups ive ever played. Advance Wars 2 and Minish Cap come in a sharp 3rd and 4th.

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the Megaman Battle Network Series. Was at best buy looking for a cheap game and saw MMBN3 for $10. Got my sister and neighbors hooked on it. I loved the characters and the story managed to stay fresh. This was my generations megaman. I'm not to fond of the others but this one has a special place in my heart.
It was also the game that got me interested in computers.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have way too many, any time I think of one I'll remember a bunch of others. GBA's library is insane, it holds some of the most innovative titles I've ever seen. There is an arena soccer game featuring just the enemies from the Shiren series, WTF. There is an Initial D RPG, WTF. To this day there hasn't been a Harvest Moon better than FOMT. If I had to pick, I'd say FOMT or Kawa no Nushi Tsuri 5 are my favs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1