Hacking What's the progress on Wii U Permanent CFW? OS Editing?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So basically the Wii U syetem is as fragile as glass.? One typo in the coldboot's config.xml and you're fucked (from what I hear).

Not just the WiiU, any system is fragile when you mess with its internals (hardware and/or software) and you don't know what you're doing.

Having something like a root access to system configuration without knowing anything about how it works, is really stupid and an invitation to a brick.

Reactions: iAqua

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's been done for a while, even i've changed the background.
That's what I had meant earlier. There was nothing online about changing the Wii U UI until now. Maybe we can make a code that changes the icons for Miiverse, e'Shop, Browser, etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They have been posting videos just about daily, mostly about game modding and cheating. Bully has been active in Gecko related software(tcp geko, jgecko, gecko installer)
Yeah I know, but finally there's something about changing the Wii U Menu Look.

D

Deleted User

That's what I had meant earlier. There was nothing online about changing the Wii U UI until now. Maybe we can make a code that changes the icons for Miiverse, e'Shop, Browser, etc.

Yeah I know, but finally there's something about changing the Wii U Menu Look.
Hang on. First off, we still do not have anything like boostrap9/armloader9hax. The current way requires a app within the wiiu (after the main system loads) unlike 3ds where it patches it at boot. The wiiu situation still does patches AFTER boot. We don't have all access like 3ds. The only reason we can have mods/signpatches is because we can load a hack into memory aka signpatches. But it's in memory. And occurs after the main system loads. So this means that if we screw up. Its a brick that cannot be fixed. something bootstrap9 or AL9H would fix because it occurs before the main system loads.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
If he discovered it back in May then maybe it got patched already. He would've released it by now after his 'thinking' like everyone else. Who knows?
I think you should've thought more, you can't update boot1...

Edit : furrytheawesome the know it all wants me to let you all know you can edit it!, but for reasons listed below, it'll fuck you up if you do.

Last edited by iAqua,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If boot1hax is released, it will be like arm9loaderhax for the 3ds right?
Boot1hax requires no downgrading and can be installed on any firmware

Boot1hax requires no downgrading and can be installed on any firmware
It is pretty much b9s for wiiu

Reactions: antiNT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.