What's something people do that bothers you?

WiiExpertise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self-explanatory.

It bothers me when people refer to their time zone incorrectly. Like when people say "oh we can do ___ at 7PM EST" when the current time zone is EDT, not EST. Even worse when they try to argue that it's the same thing. This is why I think the middle letter should be dropped. Just refer to your time zone as ET, CT, PT, whatever. Remove any confusion from it.

Seems like a weird thing to be bothered about. But it really bothers me.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This question again... People thinking that it's acceptable to abuse, murder, and eat animals.
Another thing that bothers me for some reason is when people make video calls on their phones outside in public places. I'd rather not be seen there, is a plain old voice call not enough when you're outside and just need to have a short conversation with someone?

D

Deleted User

I'm right now bothered by the fact that people, for at least since my Australian Generation, have been taught to Recycle, almost religiously, especially Plastics.

"Do the Right Thing; put it in the Bin." is still something I subconsciously hear from time to time.

The reality is that a majority of the Plastics used by Producers have no technological means to be Recyclable by Consumers but they're fine dumping the Psychological Baggage of so-called Saving the Planet on us, taking almost zero accountability in decades thereafter.

That pisses me off to no end.

Last edited by , , Reason: Spelling.
Reactions: crea

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What bothers me is that people would look at other people who are singles and never had girlfriends or boyfriends and they would assumed that those are gays. They expect everyone to be married knowing that they are not obviously gay. What ? That's ridiculous things I have ever heard of. What an idiots people thinking something like that!

No wonder why some people got married to protect their true identity because they don't wants people thinking that they are gay if they aren't married. Many people got married for many wrong reasons thanks to stupid people thinking and wondering about those people. That's phobia and hatred. Very sad and that's what bothering me. Stupid world!

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: BETA215 and banjo2

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The occasional idiot who goes "excuse me, do you know you're eating a dead animal" or something along those lines, we have a couple of them around here, yes, I do know, and no, I don't want to interact with you, go away

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
What annoys me related to gamng, is the discrepancy between what me and what others find well playable.

If there is slowdowns, screen tearing, lots of aliasing, sound fragments, wrong tunes, I can hardly stand it and play at all, it annoys me so much. While others will talk about 'perfect' in youtube videos and enthusiastic forum posts....

Reactions: Medveitsi

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a speech pattern i call the trailing so...

people will describe something and then say "so....." and just leave the sentence there. it's only been a thing for maybe like 2 years now. its usually when making a direct point, they leave it off to prevent themselves from admitting something - for example, "i didnt make it to work because my kids were sick so...."

Reactions: kokokool

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This question again... People thinking that it's acceptable to abuse, murder, and eat animals.
That appears to be three separate things but I suppose a number was not specified, though I suppose it could be a singular course of action (murder, arson and jaywalking being individually OK but do all three at once and wow what the arsehole sort of thing)

Abuse is a wide ranging affair and ranges from your everyday beating to some hold keeping animals as pets, or others as using them as working animals or food producing animals, and can vary even within that (see fun with pedigree dogs, fun with the absolute lowest price industrial milk or egg production vs animal welfare concerned ones). To that end you might want to clarify there.
Murder. Technically speaking murder is unlawful killing and beyond that animals tend not to have the required level of sentience to rank there (most laws on the books there tending to be more destruction of property, or wildlife if relevant there). Though I suppose "murder" in the opening part is hyperbolic and you mean killing, unless you do mean you advocate for changing the laws there.
Eating. But animals are tasty, cheap and nutritious, grow in places where edible plants do not and have all sorts of other fringe benefits (there is a reason every civilisation ever uses them, and even today's finest industrial chemistry has not obviated them like they did the horse*). Equally if it is my concern for life that is a problem then if digging up plant necessarily kills it then are potatoes bad vs picking some apples**? Though that would potentially bring milk, eggs and honey back to the table vs vanilla veganism.

* http://www.cowboyway.com/What/HorsePopulation.htm and https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/MarinaStasenko.shtml being a fun one there.

**such considerations being widespread in practice in various long established and popular enough to be considered world religions.

Reactions: banjo2

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely true. What about Love ? That's biggest gift but nobody cares and that's the worst things in our live. Without love and we can't survive!

Love? Whats that?...................................................................LoL jk.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon