1. niceme.me

OP niceme.me Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I have honestly no idea if console treats it as emulation or valid games from multi-game cartridge, would you please shed some light on this for me?

I guess this EZ Flash cart is better but its twice as expensive and I wonder why? I know its compatible with higher capacity SD cards but why would I need all possible GBA games on single SD card at all times anyway.

2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    The supercard suffers from slowdowns, presumably the storage is not fast enough for the GBA to stream the data needed.

3. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    the ez ev uses the built in memory (psram\nor) to copy the games from the sd card to, so the games run in the same speed as they would do in original games
    the supercard "streams" the data from the sd in the go, some games got issues with this... even if you are using the fastest sd card doesn't make a difference

for gba games there is no such thing as emulator in gba, so yeah, they behave kinda like the multi cart games, you have a menu that you select a game, it loads the game and then launches it

take my word that you should bite the extra cash and get a ez iv.. there are several models, the older white works as well as the new models (you just have to do an extra task to upgrade the firmware with a non hc sd card)
    it has an excellent compatibility and it works very well..

Last edited by migles, Nov 12, 2017
    slaphappygamer likes this.
  4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    the best and over all GBA flashcart is the Everdrive GBA X5

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - performance, Supercard, played