Hacking What's new that I should update/install in the last 3 months?

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my Wii in 3 months.. what stuff should I update or install?
I had starfall and a gamma loader (probably the first ones) channel. I think disc speed was still 3x.. and I had to go through the loader channel, not the disc channel.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It all depends on what you want. If you want 6x disc loading, go buy a modchip. If you want to load from the disc channel, I'd recommend softmii. The package also has preloader in it, which is basically for brickproofing your Wii. Gamecube backup loading is also possible.

Also, you could try searching for things. You might be surprised on how easy it is.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, now you can boot games from your disk channel with Softmii and the Preloader included in it, rather than the Gamma loader ^^

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest new thing is GameCube backup launching. I would recommend against SoftMii since it's extremely intrusive, and all it really offers is disc channel support.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't think disc channel support is very necessary.. It's just the difference of clicking a box in the middle left square rather than the top left square.

I was just trying to pinpoint a time of reference since I last updated. So basically same ol same ol as far as loaders go right?

Are there any other cool non-back up loader hacks/tweeks I should checkout?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
The biggest new thing is GameCube backup launching. I would recommend against SoftMii since it's extremely intrusive, and all it really offers is disc channel support.

It's a little more than that to me... SoftMii cIOSCORP lets games launch using the IOS they're supposed to. Doesn't mean a whole lot with most games, but I know of at least 1 that I play often enough to have it be an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun