What would happen if a YouTube commentator becomes Judge or Mayor?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm specifically talking about the ones that always comment on news stories and say stuff like "i hope he dies" or "i hope he suffers the same thing" or "i would kill him so badly rawr xd", but this can apply to any youtube commentator, such as nostalgia elitists or oblivious commentators or even minecraft / roblox trash-talking kidddies.
What would happen if one of these commentators were to become a court judge or a mayor of a city/town? What changes would it make to the community? I know they are far from qualified, but it's a "what-if" situation.

Reactions: Lightyose

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm specifically talking about the ones that always comment on news stories and say stuff like "i hope he dies" or "i hope he suffers the same thing" or "i would kill him so badly rawr xd", but this can apply to any youtube commentator, such as nostalgia elitists or oblivious commentators or even minecraft / roblox trash-talking kidddies.
What would happen if one of these commentators were to become a court judge or a mayor of a city/town? What changes would it make to the community? I know they are far from qualified, but it's a "what-if" situation.
I don't know, but this should have been a blog.

D

Deleted User

This is such a strange question I can't even wrap my head around it. General Chat has been filled with some trash as of late.

Alright, so talking about this commentator. He/She would probably too young to run for any position of power. He would have to get elected, maybe become a Lawyer and rise up the ranks. Have a nice background to run for Mayor. Not be a child.

You know, logical stuff.

Reactions: Lightyose
D

Deleted User

I thought we already have one as the President-elect of the United States.
1483400044113.jpg

Rawr XD my dude

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oppo research is going to be amusing in years to come when what might once have been trash talk down the pub is possibly available for all to read 30 years on.

I imagine in some ways society will probably have become more accepting of such things, lest there be nobody particularly electable as a result. Standards have changed already -- divorced, gay, bankrupt, outwardly atheist, former drug users, a variety of non white collar criminal convictions have been elected to fairly high offices in places people want to live the world over. In living memory any one of those might have been instant game over when running for an office somewhere.

This is such a strange question I can't even wrap my head around it. General Chat has been filled with some trash as of late.
I agree the question itself could be better phrased, or at least I would have chosen different shorthand, but we are already in a world where whatever you might have written and released to the public is already dredged up when you are running for political office of some form, several people having already been damaged by an article they might have written for a school/college newspaper. How then will it play out in 30 years where it is fairly accepted that most people from the age of about 12 (and earlier is not unheard of by any means) have every inane wittering, drunken thought and off colour joke recorded?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool