ROM Hack What will Ninjhax 2.0 be capable of?

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
It's like talking to a celebrity

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 530

#3dBRAT

Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
if someone has not mentioned ityet a cheat code system that forces the 3ds to be in offline mode or a nintendo wifi connection app that allows ds games to go on nintendo wifi custom servers would be nice the wifi thing could probably be possible but highly doubtable if the userland exploit does not allow this and the cheat system would probably not happen due to anti piracy and wifi hacking unless like i said wifi was forced to be disabled OR something cool like an app to run Regular ds games in 3D oh wait we were talking about features for ninjhax 2.0 XD something cool like portal 3ds or a wireless way to load files from other devices other than the 3ds's sd slot

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it uses the am service according to the source code. Simply copying over files wouldn't work as an encryption key needs to be generated and added to movable.sed (only for SD card data), and the data has to be encrypted with said encryption key. The title key must also added to the ticket.db on NAND so that it will actually recognize the installed data. All of this is done by the am service, although it could theoretically be done manually that would require other permissions that NINJHAX does not have and I don't think anyone's tried that yet.
FBI uses libkhax to get the access it needs. So it won't work on Ninjhax 2 at all unless we get lucky (eg. another gateway release to pick apart).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FBI uses libkhax to get the access it needs. So it won't work on Ninjhax 2 at all unless we get lucky (eg. another gateway release to pick apart).
It doesn't though. The ctrcommon library that FBI uses has libkhax - but it's not used anywhere in the app install code. It only seems to be used if the app runs kernel code.
Unless I missed the place where ctrcommon calls libkhax to initialize permissions, but I don't think so.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't though. The ctrcommon library that FBI uses has libkhax - but it's not used anywhere in the app install code. It only seems to be used if the app runs kernel code.
Unless I missed the place where ctrcommon calls libkhax to initialize permissions, but I don't think so.
If you don't believe me just ask Steveice10. But I'm pretty sure it gets the service access it needs upon launch from libkhax.

Here's a quote where he specifically mentions it being a part of FBI
I just updated the release binaries. No major changes, however libkhax and related internals have been updated, so report any issues encountered.

D

Deleted User

When something tries to use the "am" service, which provides app-related functions, it checks if it's being ran from Ninjhax and requires kernel access from libkhax, as running libkhax also gives access to the required services. It does require libkhax to function under Ninjhax.

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
When something tries to use the "am" service, which provides app-related functions, it checks if it's being ran from Ninjhax and requires kernel access from libkhax, as running libkhax also gives access to the required services. It does require libkhax to function under Ninjhax.
What about other versions (cia/3ds)?

D

Deleted User

What about other versions (cia/3ds)?
They don't need kernel access as the necessary services can be requested in the exheader. Not useful for Ninjhax 2.0, though, as you'd have no way of running them.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno why people hunt so much for Custom Themes xD But hope we get PastaCFW back on 9.9 then we won against Nintendo :D

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno why people hunt so much for Custom Themes xD But hope we get PastaCFW back on 9.9 then we won against Nintendo :D
xD I thought it was neat to be able to customize the home menu.(Not the homebrew, the regular 3DS home menu)
There aren't too many themes out there. I found a few that I like from 3DSthemes.com

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont mind, can you give me link of tutorial for add custom theme by using extdata tools in NH2.0?:P
Download your theme.
Extract the two files. One is for background music, the other for the background image.(.bcstm and .bin files)
Copy those two files to your sd card:
3ds\3ds_homemenu_extdatatool

Once those files are there, load the homebrew launcher,
Open 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool, enable theme cache and import theme cache from SD to ExtData.

Or follow this link...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool-aka-custom-themes-on-ninjhax-gateway.377379/

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download your theme.
Extract the two files. One is for background music, the other for the background image.(.bcstm and .bin files)
Copy those two files to your sd card:
3ds\3ds_homemenu_extdatatool

Once those files are there, load the homebrew launcher,
Open 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool, enable theme cache and import theme cache from SD to ExtData.

Or follow this link...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool-aka-custom-themes-on-ninjhax-gateway.377379/
great thx!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw