Gaming What type of game is the 360 sorely lacking in?

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say a good old action adventure. I haven't had much gaming time recently, but did manage to get reacquainted with my old love: Ratchet and Clank. Man, what a brilliant series!

Hopefully Insomniac's new project will be exactly what I think the 360 needs. A great action adventure.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Action adventure lacking? Ignoring the debate as to whether that is a cop out genre or not sure maybe not as many as last go around but the last few months have seen a couple (the first templar and hunted: demons forge) not to mention the lines between action RPG and action adventure being blurred quite a bit. Consider picking up a copy of Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper.

After this I think it is mainly genres that lack in general anywhere (although I shall not complain about the lack of console RTS titles)- "extreme sports" (anyone remember the last time there was a "mainstream" BMX title?), space sims (unless I am missing something on XBLA I can only think of Darkstar One).
I think in that case it is final fantasy clone RPGs but I am not complaining about that in the slightest (I have played some of the most interesting RPGs in a long time this go around) and maybe a proper co-op dungeon crawler (a few nice efforts these last few months but nothing that scratched the itch save perhaps Sacred 2: Fallen Angel but that was better on the PC).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you mean like action-platformers like Ratchet and Clank and stuff in that vein, which I do agree with. Otherwise it has a surprisingly rounded library if you look deep enough (it actually has a lot of RPGs, both JRPGs and WRPGs).

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd have liked a light hearted golf game for the 360, Nintendo and Sony have Mario Golf and Everybody's Golf, but you're kind of stuck with Tiger Woods on the 360, which isn't really the kind of game I'd play 4-player locally. In fact, local gaming in general seems to be dying out a bit, gave my GameCube to a friend with Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Monkeyball 1&2, F-Zero, Smash Bros, Warioware, Mario Party etc and we still play it every time we go over. When everyone comes round mine I struggle a bit to find games four of us can play at once on the 360.

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
I am not a golf fan in the slightest but check XBLA BlueStar- stuff like Golf: Tee It Up is not bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW555zhyAKk...feature=related

I will also echo the lack of local multiplayer. I consider it a good day if we get a decent 2 player let alone 4. For this reason I also have a gamecube or two to hand.
Awesome...the video..

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Good ones.
That's seriously mean
laugh.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
Definitely action-platformers. Alice was awesome, I want more!

I just picked Alice up yesterday. Can't wait to dig in. I rented it the day it released and my wife actually enjoyed watching so between that and L.A. Noir I've got a couple games she doesn't mind taking over the TV screen
wink.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
BortzANATOR said:
Good ones.
That's seriously mean
laugh.gif
lol i was somewhat joking but before i get gored to death for my comment let me explain.
I HATE shooters. end of story.
Sports games are dummmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbb

that said, thats alot of the 360 titles have any time and effort put into them. (minus the sports games lololol)
Assassains Creed and stuff like that is cool, but at the end of the day i like retro games and stuff. I own 2 games for the 360.
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Burnout Revenge. I dont know guys there just isnt much i care for one the sexbox360.

Give me my hacked PSP and ill play PSX, GBA, SNES all day.
Im somewhat worried about where the gaming market is going
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o