Got a free Wii mini and here I am =P

russianjoint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I get that this is a Nintendo fanboy type of forum. I'm a Sega guy myself.
Never owned a Nintendo until, recently, a Wii mini, literally, fell out of the sky and into my lap.
So, here I am. Trying to figure out what to do with this thing :D
Really surprised to find out that despite selling over 100 million units the Wii's library is nothing compared to the PS2's. :O
And slightly disappointed by the lack of jrpgs and "adult" action/adventure and fighting games.
On the other hand, happily surprised to find out that Super Mario Galaxy is actually really fun - even for adults.

Oh, and the move controls are totally a gimick that's mostly in the way most of the time.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can hack it, but it's technically inferior to the original Wii while it admittedly does look nicer somewhat of a "modern" Famicom (imo).

For traditional gaming, use the Wiimote with a Classic Controller connected to it. The CC has analog triggers whereas the "Pro" version only has digital triggers (a downgrade).

russianjoint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can hack it, but it's technically inferior to the original Wii while it admittedly does look nicer somewhat of a "modern" Famicom (imo).

For traditional gaming, use the Wiimote with a Classic Controller connected to it. The CC has analog triggers whereas the "Pro" version only has digital triggers (a downgrade).
I was following the development of BlueBomb on the original Discord. Mainly because our local retailers, at the time, were getting rid of their Wii mini stock for ~25 euro, which was very tempting. Never went through with it though.
But, yeah, getting Homebrew Channel was the first thing I did. :)

I completely agree that the Wii mini looks prettier than the original. Since I wasn't looking to get a Wii to begin with (if I was I'd get the Wii U) and got this one for free, it really doesn't bother me that much that it lacks some of the features. The biggest issue, to me, is composite only video. But it actually doesn't look that bad, especially in PAL (576i).

Totally going to get CC, mainly for Nintedont and Not64.

Last edited by russianjoint,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol