Hardware What the 3DS should look like

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this... but I think the 3DS is perfect how it is, and doesn't need any unnecessary add-ons.

I like the model, it feels good, I like how the buttons and analog nub feels. However I can't help but feel the D-pad is such an uncomfortable position. When I put my hand on it, it feels a bit cramp there. It feels like I'm repeating what I said on Tempcast Live.

Agreed. The Dpad positioning is TERRIBLE. I always use the slide pad, even though I prefer the Dpad for some games, because I can't properly position my hand for the Dpad.
When did the 3DS get a N64 cartridge slot?
It doesn't. You use something like this:
F8Upi.jpg

But... that's... a MayFlash N64 dual controller adapter... on a DS cartridge... I don't even...
Problem?
And I agree about the d-pad too. Have you played Oracle of Ages? Swimming with the mermaid suit is a PAIN with the slidepad.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I honestly don't care that the 3DS doesn't have two analogue sticks. I consider the one we have as a bonus, a privilege. I would still have bought the 3DS if it didn't have any analogue stick and just stayed with the D-pad. But everyone, think of it this way: If Nintendo needed two sticks for their games, they would have found the way to add two sticks. Sure we have the new slidepad add-on coming, but only a few games will support it, and it probably will never be 100% essential. 2 Sticks won't be needed especially when all 3DS games coming out now and forever won't truly require two analog sticks because they are designed for just one.

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't care that the 3DS doesn't have two analogue sticks. I consider the one we have as a bonus, a privilege. I would still have bought the 3DS if it didn't have any analogue stick and just stayed with the D-pad. But everyone, think of it this way: If Nintendo needed two sticks for their games, they would have found the way to add two sticks. Sure we have the new slidepad add-on coming, but only a few games will support it, and it probably will never be 100% essential. 2 Sticks won't be needed especially when all 3DS games coming out now and forever won't truly require two analog sticks because they are designed for just one.
No. There will definitely be some games that NEED the second analog.
Maybe only third party games, maybe not.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well if there will be games that absolutely require a second analog the odds are that I won't buy them them anyway. I dislike third-party games in general. And games that use 438 buttons at a time I might as well play higher quality games on a laptop.

But I just realized something... I notice most people dislike the fact that the 3DS didn't have a Second Slide Pad or a second set of Shoulder buttons. Because to them "there's not enough buttons". If the 3DS did have all those buttons I think people would be complaining that it is too crammed with buttons. Just take a look at the Gamecube Controller. Two Analogue Sticks, a D-Pad, Start, A, B, X, Y, L, R and Z buttons. And people disliked it because there was too much buttons.
But if the buttons included with the new Slide Pad (or whatever it's called.) were put on the 3DS by default, there'd be Two Anologue Sticks, a D-Pad, A, B, X, Y, L1, L2, R1, R2, Start, Select, Home, Touch Screen and Gyro Controls. Which obviously is a lot more than the Gamecube's controller. Not to sound offensive or anything to anyone here, but that kinda makes those who wanted less buttons on the GC controller but more buttons on the 3DS a little hypocritical.

I think the reason Nintendo opted to have "add-on" buttons with the expansion slidepad were so they didn't make the same mistake as they did with the GC controller. Not too many buttons, but if they needed more, they'd be able to use the optional additional buttons. No one would complain of too much buttons, and those people who complained of not enough buttons, to suck it up and buy the new slidepad. Because you can't please everyone in this industry.

Reactions: 1 person

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wow, people just HAD to bring in the Vita. I personally like both consoles. The thing is, if they want to add another circle pad, the thing will have to be around the size of the DSi XL to accommodate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf