What phone do you own?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I do have a phone. I heard ringing coming from my couch, and when I looked under the cusions, there it was. I'll get back to you when I figure out what it is. but I gotta take the call first. Excuse me.

Hello, Mommy how are you? youve been dead for 30 years or so...

Reactions: Takokeshi

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
my very first phone was a "Burger Phone"
FFCJ40AFC2E8PUE.jpg

and then was a Mickey phone:
1650571670866.jpeg

from there a lot of chinnese ones.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BV 6600 Pro. IDK what's better, watching TV in the shower, using it as a hacky sack, or the thermal camera (move over, Predator).
Those commies are probably using it to listen to my every word, but I don't give a fuck!™
BV6600-Pro_Black.jpg

Now, if only they would make an Android 11 based DynaTAC.

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had a LOT of phones, my first one was the

2011 Huawei U8650: I had the option to get this or a Samsung Galaxy Y and chose this phone because it looked much nicer and not so hilariously small at the time. I tinkered a lot with custom roms on this one and except not being able to play even Minecraft because of no armv7 support it was a great first phone.

2012 S3 Mini: Everybody had this one at school and it was such a cool device for the price. I had my first experiences with stuff like Whatsapp+, N64 Emulation an actually usable browser and in general a great allround device. I remember playing GBA games with MyBoy and trading pokemon over bluetooth.

2013 Moto G: Great reliable phone running clean android, not much to say about this one but in a good way.

2014 Samsung Galaxy Alpha: decent smartphone but I dont remember much about it except listening to much music with Poweramp and being annoyed at the bad battery life.

2015 Google Nexus 5: The Design and Software of that phone was awesome! Sadly it's battery life was horrible and buggy so I didn't keep it much.

2016 Galaxy A5 (2016): My first waterproof phone, it had a fingerprint scanner on the home button and a sleek design.

2018 Galaxy S8: I wanted this because of it's all screen design and it was pretty good, sadly it got hot fast and performance wasn't very good because of that, and again poor battery life.

2019 Google Pixel 3a: This is more of an sidegrade specs wise but it was a HUGE upgrade in the camera and battery department, one of my favorite phones because I always wanted to get a pixel but they were too expensive so this was perfect.
I really liked the Google features and AI stuff the phone had.

2020 iPhone Xs: I wanted to try an Apple phone because I got it cheap and was interested in iOS, but it's camera sucked and battery life was also bad.

2022 iPhone 13: Made my first ever contract for a phone. Great allrounder with the best battery life I have seen in a phone yet and my current phone, iOS is already getting boring but nowadays I prefer reliability instead of tinkering.

User007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thinkpalm.com
XP
Country
United States
My first ever phone was NOKIA EXPRESS MUSIC, with side lights.
Then I moved to SONY XPERIA MINI, later to LENOVO, then to MiA1. RIght now I am using iPhone XR, for the last 3 years.
It was a great upgrade. Above all, it was the best buy so far in my life. Second I will always rate the miA1.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my main phone is a Asus ROG Phone 3, my second phone (using for bloodsugar measurment) is an IPhone XR and then i have a spare third phone a Razer Phone 2
AsusROGPhone3.jpg
razer-phone-2.jpg

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Years are estimates since I don't remember exact details. Phones were never a big deal to me until more recent years so never bothered to remember.
2007 Motorola Razr V3im (Hand down from my dad. Was already pretty beaten up so didn't last long and didn't have anything for a few years after.)
2014 Sony Xperia T3 (Broke but don't remember exactly how. I think liquid damage.)
2015 Acer Liquid Z200
2017 Sony Xperia XZ Premium (First phone I had that I would consider a nice phone. Dead USB-C port killed it after a few years and messed up the repair by snapping a ribbon cable.)
2021 Google Pixel 3 XL (Current phone and no plans to change any time soon.)

Might consider getting a new phone once the Pixel 3 XL stops receiving new Android versions but not a fan of the Pixel 6 so not sure what. Will just wait and see once that day comes. I tend to just use phones until they break so might also just do that haha.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2020/2010s:
umidigi power (current)
cubot note s
samsung duos
palm centro

2000s:
a sony cellphone (maybe w800 ?)
palm tungsten w (for surfing and texting only, as it requires a headset for calls)
sony t610
motorola razor
nokia (the really small one, cant remember the name)
nokia (the relly common one, something 65xx i think)

also: i have a nokia 6021 lying around

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsung Galaxy A40 (my "smart" phone but without sensitive info) and a simple phone

Looking to buy a 4G "simple" phone since 2G/3G are being discontinued worldwide so that sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1