Hacking Question What new are we getting with Atmosphere?

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey I just wanted to double check since I've been a little away from the scene. Would xecuter allow the playing of backups?

Unless im mistaken, Team Xecutor's SX Pro allows the running of cartridge backups right off the bat(just not eshop games). Don't take my word as gospel truth though, It releases in 10 or so days and things may change on or before release. This is what it appears they advertised though.

Reactions: haxan

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
What I would like to know is how we're going to put our hands on the various ofws. As far as I know there is no website by Nintendo where we can download them like Sony is doing.

Snowhose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strictly speaking, you're using hekate to boot a wip version of Atmosphere -- so the comparison doesn't really make sense. :)

Let me reiterate, What type of functionality should we expect at release of Atmosphere that we currently don't have with WIP Atmosphere, hbl, hekate, pegaswitch?
Other than running a more modern CFW through emunand.

Thank you for you're hard work! I can't wait for the release of Atmosphere!

Last edited by Snowhose,

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless im mistaken, Team Xecutor's SX Pro allows the running of cartridge backups right off the bat(just not eshop games). Don't take my word as gospel truth though, It releases in 10 or so days and things may change on or before release. This is what it appears they advertised though.
Alright, thank you so much for the reply <3
I'm kind of excited if it can play back up, that would be really cool!

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It starts shipping on the 15th from china to all re-sellers so say 2-3 weeks for them to receive it. Then they have to ship to you say another 2 weeks so you're looking at early August.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It starts shipping on the 15th from china to all re-sellers so say 2-3 weeks for them to receive it. Then they have to ship to you say another 2 weeks so you're looking at early August.

Thanks for the notice! that would definitely make sense. Wouldn't surprise me if they try target an Atmosphere release for around the end of June then ;).

Last edited by Jackson98,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think your date estimates are slightly out, if you read the post about the SX being in production they are looking to ship to resellers a lot sooner than that. Most resellers are quoting shipping to customer around 15th of July (if you were one of the early pre orders).

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the notice! that would definitely make sense. Wouldn't surprise me if they try target an Atmosphere release for around the end of June then ;).
I really think TX could care less about what Atmosphere is doing. People who are buying SX Pro or SX OS are doing so for the backup loading. Atmosphere is not going to have that since they don't want to enable piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think your date estimates are slightly out, if you read the post about the SX being in production they are looking to ship to resellers a lot sooner than that. Most resellers are quoting shipping to customer around 15th of July (if you were one of the early pre orders).

This is from a US reseller
"Not in stock, On PREORDER. According to the team, this product will ship to us Mid-late June 2018."

This confirms what I stated.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really think TX could care less about what Atmosphere is doing. People who are buying SX Pro or SX OS are doing so for the backup loading. Atmosphere is not going to have that since they don't want to enable piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is from a US reseller
"Not in stock, On PREORDER. According to the team, this product will ship to us Mid-late June 2018."

This confirms what I stated.

• Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
From the faq released Sat 2nd June, note the bold text... also the reviewers are expected to receive theirs possibly as early as 10th June...... I expect us mere mortals should start receiving ours shortly after that

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
From the faq released Sat 2nd June, note the bold text... also the reviewers are expected to receive theirs possibly as early as 10th June...... I expect us mere mortals should start receiving ours shortly after that
You're interpreting the info in a way that matches your expectations. I just showed you the reseller stating that it will be shipped to them mid to late june. and what you're reading from the faq is not giving any date specifications. it's using words like "close" and "before" so again you're only looking at what you want to see.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're interpreting the info in a way that matches your expectations. I just showed you the reseller stating that it will be shipped to them mid to late june. and what you're reading from the faq is not giving any date specifications. it's using words like "close" and "before" so again you're only looking at what you want to see.
Nevermind.. Modchipsdirect..

Last edited by Kioku,

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lol just lol. I don’t have any expectations. It’s down to reseller dispatch speed, distance and customs after TX have shipped them from the factory and those will vary for every customer.

Edit: What would be the point in TX not shipping them out ASAP, the kits are already made there’s no point keeping them just to look at in the factory.

Last edited by nikeymikey,

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
didnt the makers of PUBG shit on the nintendo switch while Fortnite decided to port a long tine ago before they were popular? look what happened now
Where did they do that? I saw an interview of them saying they want pubg on every platform, trust me, if fortnite is coming pubg won't take long, they don't want to get behind...

Last edited by ShadyGame,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you